Juicy chicken breast is topped with pesto (homemade or store bought), fresh mozzarella cheese, and vine-ripened tomatoes and surrounded by roasted broccoli. It all happens on a sheet pan in 30 minutes, with nearly no clean up. Perfect for busy nights or lazy nights when you want to get the kids in bed and start TV time early.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken
First rule of sheet pan club…there’s no prep in sheet pan club. Prep takes a while and you have things to do. First of all, it’s 6:30 and you forgot to make dinner. Second of all, you are ready for tv time to start 3 hours ago but…kids.
I happened to use the Kale & Walnut Pesto that I shared with you the other day. I would love for you to make it, but you know what…store bought pesto works just as well. We should note here that the Kale & Walnut Pesto takes 5 minutes or less. But still…dishes. Sometimes we have to roll with what we find at the store when we need a quick dinner option. I’m all about that easy dinner life.
THIS IS THE EASIEST DINNER YOU HAVE MADE ALL YEAR:
- Scroll down for a second at the pictures of the steps in making sheet pan pesto chicken…you there? Okay. Do you see the frozen broccoli? I just threw that on there. Don’t care. It works.
- When you just put everything on a sheet pan, you are really only cleaning the sheet pan when it’s all done. If you’ve ever stumbled across your kitchen full of dishes at 10:00pm, then you know that throwing in a sheet pan meal a couple of times a week is pretty much a game changer and tonight the game = changed.
What Goes In This Easy 30 Minute Dinner?
- Broccoli: So good and holds up well in the oven.
- Olive Oil/Salt/Pepper: Triple threat.
- Chicken Breast: You can use chicken thighs, this is just what I had on hand.
- Pesto: Make it at home or buy it from the store.
- Fresh Mozzarella: You can use shredded too.
- Fresh Tomatoes: No substitutions, fresh tomatoes for life.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: optional but why not.
How To Make Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken
- Drizzle a sheet pan with olive oil and arrange broccoli around the edges, sprinkle with salt and pepper. I used frozen broccoli and I recommend that based on the cooking time.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in the middle, again salt and pepper.
- Top with pesto, I used about 1/2 cup total and I topped my chicken breast with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Layer on mozzarella and tomato. Sprinkle more salt and pepper on the tomato.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes
- Don’t stop get it get it.
This goes great with:
- Asiago Roasted Asparagus
- Instant Pot Saucy Shells & Cheese
- Garlic Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
- Fennel Apple Salad With Orange Poppy Vinaigrette
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll down to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
12 oz frozen broccoli
2 chicken breast
1/2 cup prepared pesto
1 small ripe tomato
4 slices fresh mozzarella, about 4 oz
Salt, for sprinkling
Pepper, for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 400°
Drizzle a sheet pan with olive oil, about 2 tsp.
Place frozen broccoli around edges leaving space in the middle
Place chicken breast in the middle, sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over chicken and broccoli
Spoon half of pesto onto each chicken breast, top with sliced mozzarella, then fresh tomato.
Sprinkle tomato with salt and pepper
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until center of chicken reads 165°
This recipe is up for your own interpretation. Next time, I will use four slices of tomato on top instead of two. You can use as much olive oil and salt and pepper as you want. In total, I used about 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
*Nutrition information does not include pesto as grocery store varieties can vary*
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: sheet pan dinner, sheet pan chicken, pesto chicken, pesto chicken dinner, tomato mozzarella chicken, 30 minute chicken, baked pesto chicken, sheet pan pesto chicken