Buffalo cauliflower poppers, made fast in the air fryer and coated in batter and smothered in spicy buffalo sauce. You choose the dip: blue cheese, ranch, it’s up to you. Throw these in tacos for a meatless Vegetarian lunch or dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Buffalo Cauliflower Poppers
Buffalo sauce is my favorite group of food. Food group. Im here for it. Buffalo sauce on everything. Did you know that Chik-fil-a sells their zesty buffalo sauce by the tub? Mmm, hmmm. We buy it like once a week in an addiction level frenzy. Franks wing sauce is my second choice, but not like a disappointed second choice; an exuberant second choice.
IS CAULIFLOWER A GOOD EXCUSE TO EAT BUFFALO SAUCE?:
- If you are looking to eat buffalo sauce on something, this is the perfect recipe.
- You can use your favorite buffalo sauce. My favorite is Chik-Fil-A Zesty Buffalo sauce but I used Franks Wing Sauce today and it’s the best ever.
- Even if you don’t have an air fryer you can make these in the oven, it may just take longer than 10 minutes. Pop them in and watch them carefully after 10 minutes.
- You can totally fry these in an actual fryer (can you email me pics so I have something to dream about tonight, k thanks).
What Goes In Buffalo Cauliflower Poppers?
- Cauliflower: We used fresh and there are no substitutes here. I wouldn’t use frozen because it can get soggy, which won’t pair well with the batter.
- Flour/Salt/Baking Powder/Milk/Egg: This makes up the batter that will coat the cauliflower poppers.
- Buffalo Sauce: You can use wing sauce, whatever flavor, use your favorite! Tell me in the comments which is your favorite so I can try it.
How To Make Buffalo Cauliflower Poppers
- Gather your ingredients: cauliflower, flour, baking powder, salt, milk, egg, favorite sauce.
- Combine everything but the sauce and coat the cauliflower. You can throw in a few pieces at a time and roll them around.
- Place them on the tray/basket of your air fryer. My air fryer has trays. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Take the cauliflower poppers out and coat them in your choice of sauce.
- Arrange them on the air fryer tray and put them back in the air fryer and bake at 400° for 6 minutes.
- Admire them.
- Dunk them in your favorite sauce.
- Make buffalo cauliflower tacos.
For the tacos we made out of these, we just toasted corn tortillas on the stove and threw down a little sour cream and lettuce. Drizzle on some of your favorite sauce like blue cheese or ranch.
SERVE THIS WITH:
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
1 head of cauliflower, cut into 1–2” pieces
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup buffalo sauce of your choice
In a bowl, combine dry ingredients
Whisk together egg and milk
Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients
Coat cauliflower pieces evenly and place on air fryer trays or in basket
Set air fryer to 400° and cook for 10 minutes
Remove cauliflower bites, toss in buffalo sauce
Return to air fryer (400°) and cook for 6 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower, air fryer, buffalo cauliflower tacos, buffalo cauliflower poppers