Fresh salmon coated in a savory combination of toasted sesame oil and spicy sriracha sauce, is cooked in 8 minutes in the Air Fryer. The best Thai inspired sauce is tossed into soft vermicelli slurp noodles and baby bok choi gives us just the green we need. This air fryer salmon with Thai vermicelli bowl comes together before we know it.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air Fryer Salmon Bowl & Thai Vermicelli
This recipe makes two servings. One serving for lunch today...one serving for lunch tomorrow. If you are feeling generous, you can share with whoever else is working from home today...but also you can hide it and make them a ham sandwich.
Which one do you think I'm doing?
Salmon cooks so quickly in the air fryer and vermicelli rice noodles are 5 minutes tops. This means that you can start the salmon, throw down the noodles (boil them), make this quick Thai inspired sauce in the Magic Bullet, and be slurping in 10 minutes.
IMPORTANT RECIPE NOTES:
- I made one 6oz portion of salmon. That is one 3oz portion for each bowl. If you would like to scale the recipe, you will need to cook additional portions of salmon for longer.
- Salmon is generally accepted translucent in the middle. Not for me. This recipe will cook the salmon all the way through, salmon should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145° (according to the FDA).
- I cooked the whole bag of vermicelli because it wouldn't come apart. You will probably have this problem too, so save those extra noodles for other dishes like Summer rolls!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS ASIAN INSPIRED SALMON BOWL
- Salmon: Fresh salmon, frozen salmon (thawed), you do you: this is your noodle bowl.
- Sriracha: The most flavor of all the hot sauces.
- Toasted Sesame Oil: You can use regular sesame if need. Toasted is a little something extra. I like La Tourangelle Toasted Sesame Oil.
- Vermicelli noodles: Asian rice vermacelli, not to be confused with Italian vermicelli.
- Cilantro: The freshest flavor. You will use the stems and the leaves.
- Lime: My favorite flavor.
- Fish Sauce: Brings that sauce together.
- Soy Sauce: Just a little for some extra saltiness.
- Garlic: Not much, but just enough.
- Salt: Flavor bomb.
- Baby bok choi: optional but yum.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER SALMON
- Start by marinating the salmon in 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil and 1 Tbsp sriracha for 30 minutes or more. Just throw it in the fridge in the morning.
- When you are ready to eat: boil a pot of water and put the salmon in the air fryer at 375° for 8 minutes.
- While that's cooking throw the noodles and baby bok choi into the boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain. Your salmon should be ready in just a minute.
- Throw the sauce ingredients (oil, sriracha, fish sauce, salt, cilantro stems, soy, garlic, lime) into the Magic Bullet and blend it up.
- Everything should be ready now to assemble.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and chopped cilantro leaves.
THIS SALMON GOES GREAT WITH:
- Asiago Roasted Asparagus
- Bourbon Peach Iced Tea
- If you are looking for a low carb alternative try this Spicy Low Carb Thai Noodle Bowl
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
Fresh salmon coated in a savory combination of toasted sesame oil and spicy sriracha sauce, is cooked in 7 minutes in the Air Fryer. The best Thai inspired sauce is tossed into soft vermicelli slurp noodles and baby bok choi gives us just the green we need. This fryer salmon with Thai vermicelli bowl comes together before we know it.
6 oz fresh salmon
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp sriracha
1 package of vermicelli noodles (you will have a lot leftover)
4 (or more) baby bok choi, halved
FOR THE SAUCE:
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp sriracha
½ tsp fish sauce
⅛ tsp salt
¼ cup cilantro stems, chopped
1 garlic clove
Juice of ½ lime
- Marinate the salmon in 2 Tbsp sesame oil and 1 Tbsp sriracha (at least 30 minutes)
- Boil Vermicelli noodles (throw the bok choi in with it) for 5 minutes, and then drain
- Cook the salmon in the air fryer on 375° for 8 minutes (check for doneness)
- Use a food processor, Magic Bullet, Immersion blender, or a whisk to combine sauce ingredients
- Toss 2 cups of prepared noodles with sauce, top with cooked salmon and bok choi
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and chopped cilantro
*You can use as many noodles as you like. This recipe makes two bowls with two cups of noodles each. You will want to make more sauce if you make more noodles.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: air fryer salmon, how long do i cook salmon in the air fryer, how long do you cook salmon in an air fryer, salmon filet in air fryer, how to cook salmon in air fryer, cooking salmon in air fryer, salmon air fryer recipe, salmon recipe, air fryer salmon fillet, air fry salmon,