Crispy asparagus drizzled with olive oil, salt, and pepper, get flash roasted in the oven with salty Asiago cheese. This is a quick side dish you can make any night of the week. Asiago roasted asparagus is perfect for a small family dinner or a holiday side dish!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Asiago Roasted Asparagus
I didn't mean to eat this entire tray of asiago roasted asparagus. But I did. K. Don't judge me. At least it was asparagus and not the ultimate Keto fudgy brownies though, but wait...that also sounds good. Those crispy, salty, asparagus tips were too easy to eat one after the other. I didn't even save any for the kids. In the evening, my husband was like "didn't you make asparagus"?
Me: What asparagus?
Aside from this being an easy, healthy, go-to side dish; the best news is that you can totally substitute parmesan if you don't have asiago in the frig. I think most of us have some parm sitting around. So it's all good, use it. Good luck not eating the whole pan though.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- Asparagus: Fresh asparagus only.
- Olive Oil: Drizzle it, just a little bit.
- Asiago Cheese: grated. Here's a secret though: you can use parmesan too!
- Salt and Pepper: Flavor bomb status.
HOW TO MAKE THIS PERFECT ASPARAGUS SIDE DISH
- Trim the asparagus. If you aren't sure where to cut it, try this: bend the asparagus toward the bottom of the stem. Wherever it snaps, is the portion that needs to be cut off. I usually just eyeball it.
- Lay it out evenly on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grate the Asiago cheese and sprinkle it evenly on top.
- Roast it up. Eat the whole pan. Done.
ASIAGO ROASTED ASPARAGUS GOES GREAT WITH:
- 30 Minute Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken
- Pesto Braided Bread
- Parmesan Arugula Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
- Herb Smothered Garlic Butter Salmon
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
The perfect side dish for dinner tonight, asiago roasted asparagus is so easy to make in the oven.
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ cup grated asiago cheese
⅛ tsp salt
⅛ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Spread asparagus evenly on baking sheet
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper
- Sprinkle with asiago cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fork tender
*You can substitute parmesan cheese
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: asparagus, asparagus recipe ideas, baked asparagus 425, cooking fresh asparagus, how to make asparagus in the oven, roasted asparagus with parmesan cheese, roasted asparagus at 400, roasted asparagus in the oven, cooking asparagus, how to make roasted asparagus, asparagus in the oven recipe, cheesy asparagus recipe,