2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 Tbsp diastatic malt
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp Instant yeast
1 cup warm water (110°-115°)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp large flake sea salt
- Combine dry ingredients: Start by combining the flour, malt, sugar, salt, and yeast in a bowl (I use a Kitchen Aid Mixer fitted with a dough hook).
- Add water: Add one cup of warm water (110°- 115°).
- Knead: Knead for 10 minutes, it might be shaggy, that’s okay. Do not add more flour.
- 1st Rise: Turn it out into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to rise for at least one hour.
- Remove from bowl: Punch down the dough, and carefully scrape it out of the bowl.
- Form to pan: Spread it out onto a parchment lined baking sheet (9″x13″) and rub the surface with a little olive oil.
- 2nd Rise: Allow to rise for one hour.
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Topping: Gently brush with olive oil + water mixture, and carefully sprinkle with sea salt.
- Create dimples: Carefully use your fingers to push down in the dough (creating dimples) until you reach the bottom of the pan.
- Bake: Bake 15 -20 minutes (watch it closely after 15 minutes).
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: basically focaccia, focaccia bread art, ba focaccia, decorated focaccia, gardenscape focaccia, focaccia art, basic italian bread recipe, how to make italian bread, rustic italian bread, bread recipe, italian bread recipe, authentic focaccia recipe, real focaccia recipe