This is a go-to bolognese style lasagna soup recipe the whole family will love.
FOR THE MARINARA:
28oz. diced tomatoes
6oz. tomato paste
1 small bulb of garlic (14 small/medium cloves of varying sizes)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/4 tsp salt
16 oz "ground meat" (plant-based protein)
2 large onions, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
5 cups vegetable broth
10 lasagna noodles, broken
FOR THE VEGAN WHIPPED RICOTTA:
5.5 oz plain vegan yogurt (I like Kite Hill but Forager cashewmilk yogurt is good too)
4oz plain vegan cream cheese (I like Kite Hill)
- Prepare the Marinara Sauce by blending tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and salt at high speed for one minute.
- Saute: Saute the onions, olive oil, and plant-based protein over medium heat until onions are translucent. Stir often, watching closely; this step will take about 10 minutes.
- Stir: Stir in the marinara sauce and salt, allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour: Pour in the vegetable broth, stirring the mixture and raising the heat to medium-high. Allow the soup to come to a boil. About 10 minutes.
- Add: Stir in the broken lasagna noodles and turn down the heat to medium. Allow to cook until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Whisk: Whisk together vegan cream cheese and vegan yogurt to form the ricotta.
- Serve: Serve with vegan ricotta on top.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: lasagna soup, vegan lasagna soup, vegan lasagna, lasagna, vegan bolognese, bolognese, vegan meat sauce, lasagna soup recipes, is lasagna healthy, lasagna bolognese,