6 ripe peaches, sliced
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup bourbon
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp cold water
1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Start by melting butter in a skillet over medium heat; add sliced peaches and allow to cook until peaches soften; about 3 minutes.
- Stir in bourbon, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water, and then pour into peach mixture stirring constantly. The mixture will begin to thicken. Remove from the heat when the liquids are the consistency of gel.
- Serve scooped vanilla ice cream over the top of the skillet or in individual bowls.
* If you use canned or frozen peaches, you may need to reduce the cooking time down from 10 minutes.
* Nutrition data used Swerve brown sugar substitute.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: lovely peaches, recipes with peaches, recipes with canned peaches, grilled peaches and ice cream, what to make with peaches, peach cobbler