1/2 long artisan baguette (crusty), sliced into 1/2″ slices
Olive oil for drizzling on baguette
Sea salt for sprinkling on baguette
4 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
1 sweet onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place baguette slices in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 10 minutes, until the crust is crunchy and the centers are lightly toasted.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, until warm but not shimmering or smoking.
- Add onions and garlic, sautéing until translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add fresh tomatoes and salt, stirring frequently until tomatoes become soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon tomato mixture over toast and grate fresh parmesan cheese on top. Garnish with basil or parsley.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: tomato bruschetta, tomaso bruschetta, bruschetta ingredients, olive garden bruschetta, bruschetta pomodoro, brushetta, appetizer recipes, appetizer, homemade appetizers, italian appetizers, bruschetta recipe, bruschetta bread, bruschetta sauce