Spiced apples, slow cooked with cinnamon, apple pie spice, and a little bit of vanilla. This is the perfect way to preserve your hard work this fall (and fill your house with all the fall scents). Crockpot apple butter is easy to make and easy to scale up for big batches.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crockpot Apple Butter
This time of year, fall recipes are the best recipes…and this crockpot apple butter is the best way to start the season. Yes, you can cook it in the Instant Pot, or you can cook it on the stove top. But the only way you are going to fill your kitchen with the scent of apples and spices cooking the day away is in the slow cooker (crockpot). I’m here for the experience of fall food just as much as for the fall food itself.
This crockpot apple butter recipe is going to make a small batch. You can easily scale it up for a big batch that you can save and enjoy all winter. This isn’t a canning recipe, we ate it all too fast for that. If you are looking to can apple butter (yum) then Ball Canning has a great apple butter recipe. I do can all of my jams like my Instant Pot Strawberry Jam (Sugar Free) but I’m not a canning expert.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR CROCKPOT APPLE BUTTER
- Apples: I used Gala apples for this crockpot apple butter because I love them, but I also love Honeycrisp apples when they are available.
- Sugar or Swerve: I used Swerve granulated sugar substitute, you can use the same amount of sugar.
- Lemon Juice: If you are canning, use bottled lemon juice. I used fresh lemon juice since I knew we would eat this really quickly.
- Cinnamon + Apple Pie Spice: One teaspoon of each gives you the perfect amount of spice.
- Vanilla Extract: Just a touch for depth of flavor.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FALL FRUIT BUTTER
- To make crockpot apple butter start by peeling and coring the apples; add them to your crockpot that is set on low.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the apples.
- Cook for 8 hours covered (low), stirring occasionally.
- Add Swerve or sugar, spices, and vanilla.
- Cover and cook on low an additional 6-8 hours stirring occasionally.
CROCKPOT APPLE BUTTER GOES GREAT WITH:
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER FALL RECIPES!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
- The Ultimate Fall Pumpkin Muffins
- Fall Magic Low Carb Pumpkin Granola
- Kale and Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
6 Gala or Honeycrisp Apples
1 Tbsp Swerve or Sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp apple pie spice
- Prepare the apples: Peel and core the apples and add them to your crockpot that is set on low.
- Lemon squeeze: Squeeze lemon juice over the apples.
- Slow cook: Cook for 8 hours covered (low), stirring occasionally.
- Spice it up: Add Swerve or sugar, spices, and vanilla.
- Slow cook again: Cover and cook on low an additional 6-8 hours stirring occasionally.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: apple, apple butter, old fashioned apple butter recipe, apple butter recipe, what is apple butter used for, what to put apple butter on, what do you use apple butter for, apple butter canning recipe, crockpot apple butter recipe, apple butter recipe, crockpot apple butter for canning,