6 Gala or Honeycrisp Apples
1 Tbsp Swerve or Sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp apple pie spice
- Prepare the apples: Peel and core the apples and add them to your crockpot that is set on low.
- Lemon squeeze: Squeeze lemon juice over the apples.
- Slow cook: Cook for 8 hours covered (low), stirring occasionally.
- Spice it up: Add Swerve or sugar, spices, and vanilla.
- Slow cook again: Cover and cook on low an additional 6-8 hours stirring occasionally.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: apple, apple butter, old fashioned apple butter recipe, apple butter recipe, what is apple butter used for, what to put apple butter on, what do you use apple butter for, apple butter canning recipe, crockpot apple butter recipe, apple butter recipe, crockpot apple butter for canning,