All the ranch goodness goes into this home made cucumber avocado ranch dressing. Fresh dill and parsley, gorgeous summer avocado, and fresh cucumber get swirled up with the typical ranch basics like milk, mayo, and sour cream. The most versatile summer dressing: eat this on a salad or crudités; dip your chips or smother your grilled chicken in this tasty dressing.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cucumber Avocado Ranch
I'll take this on everything, k thanks. I'll bring it in my bag when I leave the house too; this dressing makes me want to do that. It is everything that you want a good ranch to be, AND it's homemade. AND it's full of freshness, the way the inventors of ranch intended it to be before it became the thick hydrogenated hot-mess condiment we sometime buy at the store. This is way different.
The avocado thickens and makes it silky and the cucumber adds a cool freshness we need this summer. The fresh herbs = party in your mouth.
Let's talk about what we are going to eat with this:
- Bread...just joking (but not because I did this yesterday)
- Any salad your heart desires. I made a fried green tomato salad that got slathered in this cucumber avocado ranch dressing.
- Raw vegetables: dunk it up.
- Grilled chicken is begging to get a coating of this dressing. BRB, I'm starting the grill!
- Salmon: the dill, the salmon...I have heart eyes for this combo.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR HOMEMADE RANCH
- Milk: Your choice. I used whole milk but I would fully support skim or almond (make it Vegan).
- Mayo: I used full fat mayo, but next time I might go skinny and use low fat mayo. (Vegan mayo welcome)
- Cucumber: I seeded it and diced before blending it up.
- Avocado: A whole avocado. Yum.
- Sour Cream: Just a dollop.
- Fresh Dill: No negotiating on this. A whole heaping cup full.
- Fresh Parsley: Half cup of freshness.
- Garlic: Me+ Garlic forever.
- Salt: Flavor flave.
- Crushed Red Pepper: Not a lot, just a little. Gives some pep.
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER AVOCADO RANCH AT HOME
Olive Wood Cutting Board | Glass Dressing Container
- So. Easy. Blend it all up together using a food processor or Magic Bullet. If you choose to use the Magic Bullet, you will need to do the dressing in batches (this makes 4 cups of dressing); probably two or three. Just divide the ingredients into half or thirds, and then stir it all together at the end. I ended up using my food processor.
THIS GOES GREAT WITH:
- Herb Smothered Garlic Butter Salmon
- Chicken Sausage Hoagies with Spinach and Onion
- Crispy Tuna Cakes With Celery Salad
- Mediterranean Grain Bowl With Shrimp
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
1 cup milk of choice, I used whole milk
1 ¼ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp sour cream
1 cucumber, seeded & diced
1 avocado, peeled and seeded
1 cup fresh dill tops
½ cup fresh parsley leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ tsp salt
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Process
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: cucumber ranch, avocado ranch, how to make ranch dressing, avocado ranch dressing recipe, homemade ranch dressing