Soft and gooey in the middle, perfectly cooked on the edges, and topped with vanilla ice cream. This Double Tree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is turned into an easy cookie skillet! This will be your new family favorite, with no leftovers to be found. Make sure you spoon from the middle, that’s our ultimate favorite starting point. We made it sugar free, but it works just as well with regular sugar.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Double Tree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
We have had the Double Tree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies. Due to my husbands travel schedule we are like double platinum, silver, and gold VIP’s. We go to the front of the line, we get the cookies for free. I can’t eat the cookies though so (is all that travel really worth it) my husband and daughter chow down…have you ever just sat there and watched someone eat a yummy chocolate chip cookie? Personally, I needed a sugar free version so when they published their recipe in April I saw my chance to have my cookie and eat it too.
I don’t have that much time, just like every other Mom who is doing all the Momming things right now. It was wayyy faster to press the cookie dough into a skillet and bake it up. Which is why I went for the cookie skillet vs. individual cookies. I’ve never seen my family so excited…in the middle of the afternoon. I’ll just admit right here that I made this at lunch time. Also, I didn’t make lunch. Cookie skillet = lunch.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH A SWEET COOKIE SKILLET?
These are weird times we are living in and if a sugar free (you can make it with real sugar) cookie skillet topped with vanilla ice cream (no sugar added) is going to make those smiles curl up…I’m going to do it. In the interest of full disclosure, I also baked a tray of fries in the oven. Swapping bites of the gooey chocolate chip cookie skillet with vanilla ice cream and salty fries hot out of the oven is pretty much the only thing I’ve been thinking about ever since.
A FEW THINGS TO KNOW:
- Regular Cookies vs. Healthier Cookie Swaps: You can make this with regular white and brown sugar and your favorite chocolate chips. We made it sugar free by using Swerve (sugar substitute) in both granulated and brown sugar. We used Lilys Milk Chocolate Chips (sugar free) and topped it with no sugar added ice cream.
- You can keep the walnuts or not: I didn’t use walnuts because their would have been mass hysteria from the kids. And yes, I would have liked walnuts = story of my life.
- I baked this cookie skillet the same way I bake cookies, once I see the edges getting crispy, I take them out. That way the middle is cooked but not over cooked.
- There is something for everyone. Cookie edge lovers, gooey middle lovers. We apparently are gooey middle lovers because we ate the heck out of the middle of the cookie.
WHAT GOES IN A CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SKILLET?
- Butter: Buttahhhh. I used melted because I didn’t want things to get too puffy.
- Sweetener: We used Swerve (sugar substitute) in granulated and brown sugar Swerve. You can use regular white granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Salt: Just a little to get those flavors going.
- Baking Powder: Gives it a little rise.
- Flour: Holds everything together, we used all purpose but you can also use whole wheat (we did that too-see notes)
- Oats: Keeps that moisture in.
- Lemon Juice: Makes a chewier cookie, you can’t taste it.
- Eggs: Gives a little extra rise.
- Vanilla Extract: My bae.
- Cinnamon: Just a pinch
- Chocolate Chips: We used Lilys Milk Chocolate Chips (sugar free) but you can use your favorite brand.
- Walnuts: Optional. I left these out so my kids wouldn’t run away.
HOW TO MAKE THE DOUBLETREE HOTEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
- Combine the butter and sweetener (we used Swerve sugar substitute).
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Next, Add in the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Oohps, we forgot the oats when we did step 3.
- Stir in chocolate chips (we used Lilys milk chocolate chips-sugar free)
- Lightly grease a skillet with butter or oil, and press the cookie dough into the skillet to the edges.
- Bake it
- Slap it up with vanilla ice cream
- Grab some spoons.
THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SKILLET GOES GREAT WITH:
- Starbucks Worthy Latte At Home
- Keto Low Carb Sugar Free Nutella – could this go in there somehow? Yes.
- After any dinner…yes
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
Make sure you spoon from the middle, that’s our ultimate favorite starting point. We made it sugar free, but it works just as well with regular sugar.
1 stick of butter, melted *
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sweetener, brown sugar or Swerve brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp lemon juice
1 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour *
1/4 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Pinch of cinnamon
1 1/3 cup chocolate chips, we used Lilys Milk Chocolate sugar free chocolate chips
3/4 cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°
Combine butter and sweetener*
Add egg, vanilla, and lemon juice
In a seperate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon
Stir into wet mixture
Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts
Press into a lightly greased cast iron skillet (or oven safe skillet)
Cover with foil
Bake 30 minutes covered, 5 more minutes uncovered.
* We melted the butter and did not beat it to create an even chewier cookie. For a fluffier cookie, soften the butter and beat it for 2 minutes with the sugar.
* We tried this with whole wheat flour too. It was good BUT there is a slight whole wheat flavor when you first bite the cookie. We preferred all purpose flour for this recipe.
* This recipe is based on the Double Tree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (halved) published on April 9, 2020 by the Double Tree Hotel By Hilton. Follow this link for their original recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: double tree hotel chocolate chip cookies, doubletree hotel chocolate chip cookies, doubletree hotel cookie recipe, cast iron skillet chocolate chip cookie, cast iron chocolate chip cookie, sugar free chocolate chip cookie, skillet chocolate chip cookie, chocolate chip cookie skillet