Do you need a quick Friday night charcuterie board? I’ve got your back. We’re going to make an easy fruit and cheese charcuterie board today, and you will love it! The best part? You will have enough materials to keep making this for days. And by the way, I am HERE for the skinny dipped chocolate almonds. I’m not ruling out the almonds and a glass or 5 of wine for dinner. Just saying.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase through these links, at no cost to you. Thank you for connecting with me in this way, I love finding new products for you.
frequently always (we never go out, we have kids, send help), stay home for date night. I always make a charcuterie board and we rarely make it to dinner without being too full of amazing wine, fruit, cheese, and prosciutto. There are no phones allowed, no TV. If the weather is nice, we sit on the back porch and eat and drink and talk and listen to music until the middle of the night. It gets us through, IT GETS . US . THROUGH.
Why we should just eat charcuterie for dinner:
- It’s pretty: That’s a thing for me. Pretty food=more satisfying.
- Pairs well with any wine: Cooper and Thief Red Wine Blend is my go-to for just about everything, but the sweetness of the fruit is amplified. See my favorite red wines this winter.
- Berries have the lowest carbs: Berries are a good choice if you are watching your carbs, apples come in second.
- It’s cheaper to make at home: No need to go to a fancy restaurant, you can make a phenomenal fruit and cheese board for just a few dollars.
- You can make it your own: You do YOU. Meat and cheese, do it. Skinny breadsticks, do it. Honey, do it.
How To Make An Easy Fruit & Cheese Charcuterie Board
- Group the largest fruit in odd numbers, repeated around the board. Three strawberries, in three areas.
- Add the apple slices in three areas.
- Nestle the raspberries and blueberries alongside the apples and blueberries.
- Place the cheese in the largest openings that remain, and fill in the empty spaces with the skinny dipped almonds.
Fruit and Cheese Boards Pair Well With Red Wine
See my favorite red wines this winter for some ideas.
THINGS YOU MAY NEED
This fruit and cheese charcuterie board is perfect for a romantic evening for two or for company.
9 Strawberries, whole
1/2 cup blueberries, whole
8 raspberries, whole
1/2 honeycrisp apple, cut into slices
2 oz blue cheese
2 oz Irish cheddar
2 oz brie
15 skinny dipped almonds (chocolate cocoa)
Group the largest fruit (Strawberries) first in a set of 3. Repeat in three areas.
Place the apple slices together in 3 groups
Fill in the blueberries
Place each cheese in the largest of the left over areas
Fill in the almonds last
You can add so many more things if you have a larger board. Here are some ideas:
Crostini, honey, cashews, fruit jam, figs, skinny crunchy breadsticks, prosciutto
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Arrange
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: charcuterie, fruit and cheese, charcuterie board, fruit and cheese board, appetizer, vegetarian, healthy charcuterie, romantic, wine and cheese, wine and cheese pairing