This nutty whole grain is the perfect side dish for almost any meal. Full of fiber and an all around healthier choice; our Instant Pot Brown Rice has never been easier. Take the guesswork out of making brown rice on the stove and follow this easy Instant Pot recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Instant Pot Brown Rice
Let's just be honest about something, k? No one wants to babysit brown rice. And actually, how long does it take to cook on the stove? Boil it? Steam it? Pour off the water...at what point? No thanks.
Cooking rice in the Instant Pot and forgetting it while my kids ask me 100 times for snacks 30 minutes before dinner is ready, pretty much saves me at least two night a week. And really, those "are you just going to let me starve" questions disappear once the rice is done. If it took 40 minutes on the stove, I would probably snap in those extra 25 minutes. This quick method wins the dinner hour.
You can trust this recipe to come out perfectly every time. Just set it an walk away.
BROWN RICE IS REALLY VERSATILE:
- Brown rice is a healthier whole grain choice so you can feel good about it after dinner.
- It has a lot of flavor and I like the nutty depth.
- This goes with literally everything you want to eat this week: salad bowls, grain bowls, burrito wraps (hiiii cilantro & lime), tikka masala, and so much more.
- Pair it with beans (complete protein) and you don't need all that meat you can't find at the store.
- So easy in the Instant Pot.
WHAT GOES IN THIS ULTIMATE RICE SIDE DISH?
- Brown Rice: Whole grain brown rice; I like organic best.
- Butter: Salted butter gives it a nice texture and flavors the rice as it cooks.
- Salt: Flavor-flave for days.
- Water: Hydrates the rice.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BROWN RICE IN THE INSTANT POT?
- Combine brown rice, water, butter, and salt in the Instant Pot.
- Set for 15 minutes, pressure release after 15 minutes.
- THAT'S IT!
THIS GOES GREAT WITH:
- Indian Shrimp Tikka Masala
- Palak Paneer (Indian Spinach Curry With Cheese)-tomorrow!
- Instant Pot White Beans in Marinara
- Instant Pot Panera 10 Vegetable Soup
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
2 cups brown rice
2 ½ cups water
2 Tbsp salted butter, cubed
1 ½ tsp salt
If you leave the rice in the Instant Pot unopened after 15 minutes, it will continue to cook. If you want softer rice, this is the way to go.
I do not rinse my brown rice, as I like it to stick a little. I do use organic brown rice.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: instant pot brown rice, brown rice, how to cook brown rice, brown rice how to cook, how to cook brown rice in cooker, how to cook brown rice in instant pot, how to cook short grain brown rice, seasoned brown rice recipes, instant pot brown rice 2 cups