A summer family favorite, this easy summer squash and zucchini skillet is easy to make.
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 medium zucchini, evenly sliced
2 medium yellow squash, evenly sliced
2 small red onions, evenly sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped (not minced)
2 Tbsp water*
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Start by warming up the oil in your skillet on medium heat
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Add garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes
- Add zucchini and squash, continue to sauté until they begin to release water
- Continue to reduce the liquid until there is only a little left in the bottom of the skillet
- Sprinkle cheese evenly across the top and allow to melt.
If the zucchini and squash seems like it is just not cooking fast enough, add water 2 Tbsp at a time and cover with a lid. Watch it closely and continue stirring. You will need to reduce the liquid further.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: squash, zucchini, skillet, how to use up zucchini, zucchini recipes, yellow squash recipes, easy dinner recipes, summer dinner