1 1/4 lb. fresh green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces.
4 pieces thick-cut bacon
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
1 26oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup white wine
2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 can of fried onions (could you use two cans…Probably, yes)
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 375°F
- Fry the bacon in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat until crispy. About 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Set bacon aside.
- Cook Onions: Cook the onions in the bacon drippings, adding 1/4 tsp salt and a few cracks (pinch) of black pepper. 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Combine: Combine green beans, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, onion mixture, white wine, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bake: Pour into a casserole dish and bake 60 minutes uncovered (375°F).
- Toppings: Remove from oven top with fried onions and chopped bacon.
- Return to the oven: Return green bean casserole to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Make-ahead green bean casserole: Assemble the casserole and store covered in the refrigerator overnight.
Healthier green bean casserole: You can make some swaps in this recipe. Here are some ideas: low-fat cream of mushroom soup, light sour cream, saute onions in olive oil, leaving out the bacon.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: green bean casserole, side dish, thanksgiving side dish, christmas side dishes, easter side dishes, fancy green bean casserole, ingredients for green bean casserole, make ahead green bean casserole, green bean cass, gourmet green bean casserole, french onion green bean casserole, campbells soup green bean casserole, creamy green bean casserole, christmas vegetable side dishes, thanksgiving vegetable side dishes