Freshly harvested basil and coarse sea salt get swirled up together to create a flavorful seasoning. Basil flavored salt is versatile and livens up any dish, especially a quick Caprese salad or corn on the cob.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Green Reactive Glaze Plate (similar) | Glass Apothecary Jar (similar)
Fresh Summer Basil Flavored Salt
Fresh basil is one of the most wonderful herbs, it is so fragrant and versatile. When it is swirled up with coarse grain sea salt, it becomes the best summer salt you have ever had. It gives almost everything a subtle hint of basil without being over powering.
A light three-minute summer Caprese salad is fair game for this basil infused sea salt and the presentation is summer food level 100. Also, put it on the kids food for some low-key trickery. They will get the basil, and never will you hear a complaint from their fish stick filled mouths (basil salted fish sticks).
WHO WOULD LOVE BASIL FLAVORED SALT THE MOST:
- Corn on the cob
- Fresh Watermelon
- Your sister…as a homemade Christmas gift! I made my sister 6 different salts for Christmas last year, in metal tins. She loved them and is still using them months later. This lemon thyme finishing salt was one of them.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THIS BASIL SALT RECIPE
- Coarse Sea Salt: Course sea salt is a pantry staple at my house. I like to buy a big box so that I can make infused salts whenever I want.
- Fresh Basil Leaves: Lots. I used 37 of varying sizes.
Green Reactive Glass Plate (similar)
HOW TO MAKE THIS FRESH SUMMER BASIL SEASONING
- Process the salt and basil together in a food processor.
- Bake low (225°F) for 20 minutes.
THIS FRESH SUMMER BASIL FLAVORED SALT GOES GREAT WITH:
- Spanish Gazpacho
- Parmesan Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes with Burrata
- Herb Smothered Garlic Butter Salmon
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
1/2 cup coarse sea salt
37 Basil leaves (of varying sizes)*
You may find that the salt is stuck together once finished. Simply press it with the bottom of a measuring cup to release.
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Process
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: basil salt recipe, basil salt, finishing salt, infused salt, infused sea salt, salt, how to make flavored salt, flavored salt, flavored salt recipe, basil flavored salt recipe,