This is an easy but flavorful side dish the whole family will love.
2 zucchini, sliced into 1/8” slices
3 medium tomatoes, sliced into 1/8” slices
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp good balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
8 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 Tbsp salted butter
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 375°
- Whisk the dressing: Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Toss: Toss dressing with zucchini and tomatoes.
- Layer: Layer zucchini and tomatoes in casserole dish alternating zucchini and tomatoes.
- Toast the breadcrumbs: In a small skillet, melt butter and then add panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper, dried parsley, and 1/2 tsp salt. (Medium heat 3-4 minutes)
- Bake: Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes watching the breadcrumbs to be sure they don’t overly brown.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: fresh tomato recipes, tomato recipes, recipes for tomatoes, round zucchini recipes, zucchini and tomato recipes, italian zucchini recipes, good zucchini recipes, recipes using zucchini, zucchini recipes, summer recipes,