. Whether you make this for dinner or a poolside lunch (my favorite), you will forever put this on your summer menu rotation.
1 box (16oz.) Farfalle pasta (Bow-ties), prepared
2 heads romaine lettuce cut into bite sized pieces
4 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
4 green onions, thinly sliced
3 cups homemade or store-bought croutons
1 cup olive oil
1 tube (2oz) anchovy paste
3 lemons, juiced + 1 lemon to squeeze on at the end
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese + more for garnish
12 cloves of garlic
3 cups of cubed bread
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1.5 lb grilled chicken, cut into strips
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp brown sugar
11/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
- Prepare bow-tie pasta, drain, set aside and allow to cool (add a tsp olive oil and stir to prevent sticking)
- Combine chicken, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes
- Combine olive oil, anchovy paste, garlic, lemon juice, and parmesan in a Magic Bullet, food processor, or blender. Process until smooth.
- Grill Chicken* until fully cooked
- Throw the croutons in the oven if you making them homemade**
- Toss pasta, lettuce, croutons, chicken, green onions, and dressing until evenly coated***
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice and grated parmesan cheese over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
* I use a charcoal grill. For chicken strips I use a grilling basket and cook for 8 minutes, flip the chicken strips, and 8 more minutes. The grill is between 300°-350°.
** Use this recipe for homemade croutons.
*** I had to toss this in two batches because it was a large amount of pasta salad. Pictured is half the recipe.
Keywords: pasta salad, chicken caesar salad, chicken pasta salad, chicken caesar pasta salad, grilled chicken strips, what goes in pasta salad, how to make cold pasta salad