Buttery, flaky croissants wedged with thinly sliced ham and savory Swiss cheese are soaked in dijon and thyme infused egg batter. Everyone will gobble this ham and cheese croissant breakfast casserole as soon as it comes out of the oven.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you.
Ham and Swiss Breakfast Casserole
Everyone ate this ham and cheese croissant breakfast casserole in less than five minutes. Did I say there are only four of us? I don’t know if they burned their mouths or not though. I did.
Mindful eating = not today.
This breakfast casserole was born for brunching, you should know that. Cafe’ Lattes at the ready, fruit salad on the side; can we put poached eggs on this? YESSSSSS.
But really, it’s great for when you are entertaining overnight guests. The wet ingredients and the dry ingredients can each hang out on their own in the refrigerator overnight. Making it easy to pour on the egg mixture, throw the whole thing in the oven, and get on with your morning.
HOW ELSE CAN YOU LOAD THIS UP?
- Poached eggs (I need a do-over STAT)
- Dressed arugula on top with a little olive oil and little lemon juice
- Bacon will feel right at home all over this
- In the moment, I felt like dollops of blackberry jam were really legit. I still feel that way.
What Goes In A Ham & Cheese Croissant Breakfast Casserole?
- Bakery Croissants: I went for bakery croissants from my local grocery store.
- Deli Ham: Thinly sliced ham. The cheaper thick ham might be too tough.
- Swiss cheese: I used regular sliced Swiss that comes in a package. I am sure we can really go fancy and layer in gruyere, but I would keep my dollar bills and just go with regular sliced Swiss.
- Eggs: These get scrambled up with all the flavors.
- Dijon: I used course grain dijon because that is what I had open in the refrigerator. You do you.
- Milk: Gives the egg mixture a fluffy quality.
- Thyme: BFF’s with the dijon and croissants.
- Salt: Flavor on flavor.
How Do You Make This Croissant Breakfast Bake?
- Cut croissants into three or four sections each.
- Whip up the dijon thyme batter; eggs, milk, mustard, thyme and let it sit while you work on the rest.
- Nestle the sliced ham in between croissant pieces.
- Get that cheese going in the cracks.
- Admire it.
- Pour on the batter and give it a little shake.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes covered and then 5 more minutes uncovered.
THIS GOES GREAT WITH:
- Mini Strawberry Jam Pies
- Blueberry Biscuits
- Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Mushroom Poblano Frittata
- Fennel Apple Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
4 large croissants
1 cup whole milk
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard, whole grain
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp dried Thyme
8oz deli ham
6 oz Swiss cheese (8 slices)
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Cut croissants into 3-4 sections each
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, thyme, and mustard
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and evenly layer croissants in the bottom
- Nestle ham and cheese in between croissants
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the casserole
- Bake covered 20 minutes
- Remove cover and bake another 5 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Breakfast Casserole, Brunch, Ham and Cheese, breakfast casserole recipes, breakfast bake, croissant breakfast casserole, ham and cheese breakfast casserole, ham and cheese breakfast bake, Christmas breakfast casserole, thanksgiving breakfast casserole, breakfast