1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
pinch of crushed red pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
2 Tbsp butter
grated parmesan to taste
- Sprinkle salmon evenly on both sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle non-skin side with crushed red pepper.
- In a skillet, swirled up with olive oil heated on MEDIUM: place the salmon skin side down. The goal is to get it crispy (2 minutes). If you choose to go with no skin, skip this step. Make sure the oil is hot so that the skin won’t stick. If you see it shimmering a bit, you’re good.
- Add chopped herbs, garlic, butter, and green onions at the same time, to the side of the salmon. We are trying to get them soft and fragrant without burning.
- Reduce the heat to MED-LOW. Flip the salmon, and cover the skillet for 10 minutes. This is for well done salmon. If you prefer a lesser done-ness keep an eye on it and reduce cooking time.
- Uncover the salmon, flip it back to the skin side, and turn up the heat to MED-HIGH. You are making sure that the skin crisps back up. If you are choose no skin, skip this step.
- Plate and garnish with fresh lemon juice and a dusting of parmesan (optional).
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: best seasoning for salmon, salmon bake time, salmon recipes, good seasoning for salmon, pan cooked salmon recipe, moist salmon recipe, perfect salmon recipe, garlic butter salmon, low carb salmon, keto salmon