- Combine flour, salt, parmesan, and black pepper.
- Add water: Combine water and oil, Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Knead: Knead for a few minutes (5 minutes or less) or until the dough is smooth and elastic. I use a Kitchen Aid Mixer to make this process as easy as possible.
- Divide: Cut the dough into four equal sections, cut each of those in half. You should have 8 sections. Roll each into a 5-6″ log. Cut each log into 6 pieces. Roll them into balls.
- Press or Roll: This is easiest with a tortilla press. Using pre-cut tortilla parchment sheets (top and bottom), place four balls of dough on the press and press, watching the thickness of the dough. They should be 1/16″ thick.* See notes.
- Bake: Bake for 10 minutes and then flip the crackers, baking for 7-10 additional minutes, watching very closely at 5 minutes. Cool crackers completely.
- Dry: Some crackers (depending on thickness) may need additional drying. Turn the oven off once all batches are finished. Open the oven to let the majority of the heat out and allow them to stand in the oven for 20 minutes or until crispy.
No tortilla press: Before dividing, roll the dough to 1/16″ thickness and cut it with a 2″ round cookie cutter (or biscuit cutter).
No cookie-cutter: Divide the dough and roll out each ball as per recipe instructions.
Keywords: how to make homemade crackers, unleavened crackers, crackers, homemade crackers, parmesan crackers, artisan crackers, appetizer crackers, crackers for charcuterie board, snack, snacks, appetizer,