11 Gala Apples (more is fine), chopped
1 orange, dried or fresh, sliced
5 cinnamon sticks
20 whole cloves
20 whole allspice
10 cups of water
Oliver Pluff and Co. Wassail Cider Spices
2 Tbsp sweetener of choice ( I used Swerve confectioners)
- Combine: Fill your crockpot with all of the ingredients except the Wassail cider spices.
- Slow Cook: Slow Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Strain: Strain through a regular strainer into a bowl.
- Strain Again: Remove the cinnamon sticks and place all of the cooked fruit mixture into a cheese cloth or clean kitchen towel (I didn’t have any fancy cheesecloth so I used a kitchen towel). Squeeze out all of the juice. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Final Strain: Strain all of the juice again through a fine mess strainer. ***
- Return Juice: Return juice to the crockpot with the bag of wassail spices.
- Continue Slow Cooking: Continue cooking on high for 2 more hours.
***At this point you have homemade crockpot apple cider. Continuing with the wassail spices is optional.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: hot apple cider, crockpot apple cider, slow cooker apple cider, wassail, recipe for wassail, how to make wassail, how to make homemade apple cider, recipe for wassail apple cider, spiced apple cider recipe