Learn how to roast garlic in terracotta, taking this flavorful ingredient to the next level. With an incredible depth of flavor, roasted garlic is a versatile ingredient in any dish. This is a mostly hands-off method that will leave your dishes simply elevated. Go ahead and make three for your weekly meal prep!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How To Roast Garlic In Terracotta
Garlic is probably my favorite ingredient. It adds so much flavor to any dish, and almost all of my savory recipes include garlic. When you roast the garlic, it deepens the flavor, mellows out the spicy, and concentrates the sweetness.
The result is buttery-soft cloves you can squeeze out their each chamber (an onto toast with butter...haaaay). If you can resist eating all of the garlic straight out of the oven, your soups and dips, along with almost any dinner will benefit.
WHY USE A TERRACOTTA CLAY POT FOR ROASTING GARLIC
- Even heat distribution that prevents uneven cooking.
- Air flow around the garlic bulb, within the roaster acts like an oven within an oven. Upping the ante on all of that amazing roasting action.
- The roaster keeps the garlic from drying out during the long-ish roasting time.
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC FOR WEEKLY MEAL PREP
In this terracotta garlic roaster you can fit about three medium bulbs of garlic. Go ahead and make three at once so that you have enough to meal prep for your recipes for the week. This makes having roasted garlic when you need it so easy!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE ROASTED GARLIC
- Garlic: A whole bulb of garlic.
- Olive Oil: A drizzle for the top.
- This Terracotta Garlic Roaster
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC IN TERRACOTTA
- Soak your Terracotta Garlic Roaster in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Start by cutting off the top of the garlic bulb. You don't need to cut off a lot but you do need to expose each garlic clove.
- Drizzle evenly with olive oil making sure you are getting each clove.
- Optional: sprinkle with salt, warning: that makes it more irresistible straight out of the oven and onto toast.
- Put the terracotta garlic roaster with the garlic inside in the oven and roast for 45 minutes at 450°.
USE YOUR ROASTED GARLIC IN THESE AMY CAKES RECIPES:
- Brothy Baked White Beans With Ham
- Magic Bullet Marinara Sauce
- Instant Pot Indian Chicken Biriyani
- Old Fashioned Southern Green Beans
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
1 bulb of garlic
2 tsp olive oil
⅛ tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 450°.
- Soak Terracotta Pot: Soak your Terracotta Garlic Roaster in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the garlic: Cut tops off the garlic, exposing each garlic clove.
- Drizzle with oil: Drizzle evenly with olive oil making sure you are getting each clove.
- Sprinkle with salt: sprinkle lightly with salt, optional.
- Roast: Place the terracotta garlic roaster on the center rack of the oven for 45 minutes.
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: how to roast garlic cloves in the oven, how to roast garlic in terracotta, how to cook garlic scapes, what to do with roasted garlic, oven roasted garlic cloves, how to cook garlic cloves