An unlikely trio of fresh kale, nutty wild rice, and cranberries make up the base of this delicious plant-based soup. A brothy soup that uses coconut milk and vegetable broth. You can top this kale, cranberry, and wild rice soup with your favorite crunchy toppings.
2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
2 medium onions, diced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup white wine
9 cups fresh kale
1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1 1/2 cups wild rice
6 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp salt
1 can coconut milk, light or full fat *I used light*
- Saute the onions and garlic in grapeseed oil until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant- about 5 minutes.
- Add wine: Add wine and cook another 3-5 minutes or until wine is reduced.
- Add ingredients: Add kale, wild rice, cranberries, salt, and broth.
- Seal: Seal the Instant Pot lid and flip the toggle on top toward "sealing".
- Cook: Set the Instant Pot to "manual" and adjust the time to 18 minutes.
- Vent: Release the pressure of the Instant Pot by flipping the toggle toward venting*.
- Finish: Stir in coconut milk and serve.
* I use a long-handled wooden spoon to flip the toggle toward venting, keeping my hands far away from the steam.
** Use your favorite toppings on this soup. I toasted some pepitas and pine nuts but croutons, walnuts, pecans, etc. would have been delicious.
- Category: lunch
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: vegan, vegan soup, vegan wild rice soup, plant based soup recipes, vegetarian, kale soup, kale, kale wild rice soup, healthy vegetarian lunch ideas, instant pot, instant pot soup,