1 lb beef oxtail
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
28 oz diced or crushed tomatoes
6 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 cup red wine
16 oz pasta, prepared according to package directions
- In a food processor, process tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, and salt for 1 minute on high
- Using the saute setting on the Instant Pot, brown the oxtail in olive oil on all sides (about 5 minutes)
- Remove the oxtail and add onions, saute until translucent (about 2 minutes)
- Deglaze the bottom of the Instant Pot with red wine, scraping the brown bits off the bottom
- Add oxtail back into the pot, cover in tomato sauce, give the Instant Pot a shake to get sauce under the oxtail
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and push toggle to “sealing”. Press Manual and adjust the time to 30 minutes.
- Cook your pasta of choice according to package directions or stop just short of done and drain.
- When finished, carefully* push the toggle to “venting” and vent the steam.
- Combine sauce with noodles and serve or (best) combine with nearly done noodles and allow noodles to cook with sauce for 5 minutes.
* I use a long-handled wooden spoon to switch the toggle to “venting”, keeping my hands away from the steam.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: oxtail, meat sauce, spaghetti sauce, red sauce, pasta sauce, beef pasta sauce, braised oxtail recipe, instant pot oxtail recipe, instant pot spaghetti sauce, oxtail recipes, spaghetti sauce recipe, spaghetti sauce homemade