FOR THE SALAD:
6 cups of fresh kale, stems removed
3 cups of wild rice, prepared (see Instant Pot Wild Rice)
Seeds of 1/2 pomegranate
1 cup whole pecans
FOR THE DRESSING:
1/3 cup Vegan Yogurt (I like Kite Hill)
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp pomegranate juice
1/2 raw cashews
3 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup
3/4 tsp salt
- Instant Pot Wild Rice. To make wild rice easier, use my recipe for
- Soak: Soak the cashews in boiling hot water for 30 minutes while the wild rice is cooking.
- Toast Pecans: Preheat the oven to 350°F, spread out pecans in a single layer, and bake for 5 minutes.
- Combine: Combine kale, wild rice, pomegranate seeds, and pecans.
- Blend: Blend together (I like using a Magic Bullet) Cashews, pomegranate juice, vinegar, salt, maple syrup, and vegan yogurt.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: wild rice salad recipe, kale salad, wild rice salad, pomegranate salad, pomegranate salad dressing, pomegranate recipe, plant based recipes, vegan, vegan recipes