It's finally 2021! Happy New Year! Like most, I am happy to leave 2020 behind in a symbolic way. January known by many as Veganuary is a time filled with promise as we assess changes to be made both with our habits and relationships. I'm assessing both as I move forward into the new year so let's chat!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Better Homes & Gardens just released their plant based diet issue! I'm SO excited. You can get a BHG subscription here.
2020 vs. 2021 Healthy New Years Resolutions
Last year, my New Years Resolutions had almost nothing to do with food. Let's see how I did with those:
- Have More Fun In 2020: We bought a camper and I did some of the best camping cooking while social distancing and having fun.
- Becoming Financially Fitter in 2020: Nope didn't happen.
- Work toward becoming a successful food blogger: I believe I conquered this as much as possible. Traffic has increased more than 1000% year over year and I'm nearly at 30,000 pageviews a month, a small milestone I have worked toward. I've worked hard, I get up at 5:00 am and I cook all day most days. I know that with more steady hard work I will hit my 2021 goals.
- Making Less Complicated Dinners in 2020: I'm not sure that I succeeded at this, although since becoming plant-based at the end of November, dinner is now less complicated.
MY 2021 GOALS ARE DIFFERENT LET'S CHAT ABOUT IT:
- MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE: 2020 saw us become vegans, and that was the best thing that came out of a difficult year. In 2021, I want to double down and really eat a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and grains and go almost oil-free. I want to do at least one Open Fit class every day, even if it just stretching. If you are looking to do the same thing, participating in Veganuary (just one month of vegan, plant-based eating) is a good place to start.
- CURE MY AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASE: I didn't think it was possible for me to feel better and pull myself out of my Hashimotos disease but two weeks after going vegan, I began to have symptoms of it turning around. I now see how it might be possible and I want to aggressively pursue that. More on that after I have labs done this week.
- GROW MY GARDEN LIKE NEVER BEFORE: I have a 6000 sq. ft. vegetable garden and I think this will be the best year yet! We are adding a huge playhouse/playground for the kids so that I can be out there all day. The last three years have been rough out there being pregnant and then having a baby. Now that we only eat plants, I can literally grow all of the food that we need as a family for the year. That is SO EXCITING!
- SHARE MORE OF MYSELF: Both here on the blog and on Instagram. I really shy away from this but I am hoping to connect with more people this year.
- TRAVEL: In the camper! Take our kids on the road for some fun and exciting trips (still social distancing until we are vaccinated). We treat our camper like a rolling hotel room so we go wherever we want and always have a place to stay, with our own sheets and food.
JANUARY (VEGANUARY) RECIPES AND POSTS
What's coming up this month! Whether you are doing Veganuary, basically plant-based, or just looking to boost your health with fruits, vegetables, and grains, we have tons of satisfying meals and info available this month. Follow the Veganuary hashtag on Instagram!
- 12 Favorite Plant-Based recipes of 2020
- Easy Instant Pot Wild Rice
- Kale Salad With Pomegranate And Wild Rice
- My Favorite Vegan Products: We've spent a lot of money testing out the vegan plant-based meats, cheeses, and other products on the market in order to bring you our favorites!
- Mushroom Fricassee
- Vegan Scrambled Eggs With Cheese (be on the lookout for this one)
- Goli Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies
- 5 Shocking Things That Happened When I Went Vegan
- Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Cauliflower Mash
- Vegan Gumbo
- Vegan Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- How To Make Your Own Baby Food Pouches
- Panera Spicy Thai Salad
- Spicy Sweet Potato and Peanut Stew
- Vegan Curry Chicken & Rice Mulligatawny
- Vegan Spicy Tuna Rolls
What are your New Years Resolutions this year? Did you hit last years goals? Are you participating in Veganuary? Let me know in the comments below.