A miracle was performed in my kitchen last night. A low carb, sugar-free, chocolate chunk miracle. The kind of miracle that leaves you speechless, mouth full of sweet chocolate chunk bliss. You might utter an “oh mah gah”, because you haven’t had a cookie since you slipped 6 months ago when strolling through the local gourmet grocery. Not saying that happened or anything. To me.
These low carb chocolate chunk cookies are so good, you won’t believe they only have 1.3 net carbs each. Did I just hear permission to eat seven? I’m doing it anyways.
I’m not a super sweet girl, in the sense of sweet foods. I’m much happier with something like these Spicy Low Carb Keto Cheese Snacks. Give me 10 of those and I’m dancing around the kitchen, crunching it up.
But can I just tell you something? These cookies. If there were a best chocolate chunk cookie costume contest, these would win. I like to undercook them just a little so they are thin and gooey inside. You can also bake them for the full time and they are a little cakey. This cookie is a double threat cookie chameleon. It’s all about how you like it.
Wait! I forgot to tell you that these cookies are mostly made up of Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder. YES. The only protein powder the Good Lord blessed us with that doesn’t taste like stale SlimFast. Do I use it for protein drinks? No. Do I use it for cookies? YAAAASSS.
All I’m saying is…these cookies have 1.3 net carbs each, so get excited.
How To Make Low Carb Chocolate Chunk Cookies
It starts, as all good things do…with butter. You will cream together butter and Swerve, whipping it good for 8-10 minutes. I recommend using a stand mixer, but also…whisking burns calories.
Crack in the eggs one at a time, add vanilla, and then pour in your dry mixture. It all comes together beautifully.
Stir in the chocolate chunks and pecans, you are about to eat cookies in 7 minutes or less. Actually you are eating cookie batter right this second. I see you.Print
Using protein powder and almond flour, these Low Carb Chocolate Chunk Cookies with make your day!
1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 cup Swerve, granular
1 egg + 1 egg white
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond flour
3 scoops Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 Lily’s Chocolate Bar, sea salt flavor, chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat butter and sugar together in a stand mixer for 10 minutes- it should appear whipped when it is done
- Whisk together dry ingredients and keep nearby
- Add vanilla extract to the butter and sugar
- Add eggs one at a time
- Add dry ingredients and continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated
- Stir in chocolate chunks and pecans
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment paper
- Bake for 6-8 minutes * see notes
* Depending on how to like the consistency of your cookie will dictate baking time. I like my cookies flatter, I bake them for 6 minutes. 8 minutes will yield a cookie that has a more cake-like texture. Watch the edges and pull the cookies out as soon as the edges start looking brown.
- Category: Low Carb Baking
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: low carb chocolate chunk cookie, chocolate chip protein cookie, low carb chocolate chip cookie, cookie recipe, healthy cookie recipe, sugar free cookie, no sugar cookies
What is your favorite low carb sweet treat? These are my weekly go-to. Connect with me in the comments!