I am posting this on Wednesday so that you have plenty of time to get all of your ingredients before Saturday morning, mmmkay. On Saturday morning you’re going to be eating low carb cinnamon rolls and wondering where they have been all your life. You’ve been doing the low carb grind for a while now and your getting tired of eggs every morning. You are giving yourself a break this weekend.
These are a little gooey/buttery in the middle. I REPEAT…gooey, buttery, brown sugary in the middle. Your favorite thing about the middle of cinnamon rolls is present and accounted for. Only one thing is not like the other.
How To Make Low Carb Cinnamon Rolls
I think we should address one thing first. How exactly do you spell cinnamon. I mean, I graduated third grade, got a high school diploma, a Bachelor of Science degree…I can’t remember how to spell cinnamon. I mean is it one “N”, two “M”‘s. Jesus whyyyy. Spell check corrects it, and by the time I write it again, I have forgotten.
It all starts with the dough..it comes together so easily. Almond flour, tiny bit of tapioca, vital wheat gluten, Swerve, baking powder, and cinnamon. There’s a little fathead dough action, because that mozzarella makes it more bread like. Not sure how, but we will just trust it.
You roll it up into a ball and keep it in the refrigerator for as long as you want. For me, it’s 10 minutes or less because, hiiiii, I’m hungry for breakfast.
Take it out of the refrigerator and roll it between two pieces of plastic wrap.
Next, you will do all the things you need to do to get that gooey, buttery, center. Butter ON DECK! Cinnamon, brown sugar ON DECK!
Next, you are going to roll it up, just like you are rolling sushi. Use the bottom piece of plastic wrap to form a roll, pulling out the plastic as you go. This is a sticky dough, and this is the only method that works.
Give it a little squeeze evenly across to make sure that it is tight, otherwise when you cut, it will fall apart. Cut it into one inch slices and place it in a baking dish.
Bake them, glaze them, and eat them while they are hot. These low carb cinnamon rolls are so good. I make them every weekend now. It’s our new Sunday thing. I’m not saying we’ve abandoned the best ever low carb protein pancakes but we’re riding this wave.Print
The best ever low carb cinnamon rolls for lazy Sunday mornings.
1 cup Almond Flour
1 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
1 Tbsp Vital Wheat Gluten
3 Tbsp Swerve, brown
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 oz cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup Swerve, brown
Cinnamon evenly sprinkled
1/4 cup Swerve confectioners
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Whisk together Almond flour, tapioca flour, vital wheat gluten, Swerve, cinnamon, and baking powder
- In a separate bowl microwave together mozzarella and cream cheese for one minute
- Stir and microwave for one more minute, place in a stand mixer with paddle attachment*
- In mixer stir together dry ingredients with eggs, mix until combined
- Add cheese mixture and continue to stir slowly just until combined evenly, no longer*
- Form dough into a ball using plastic wrap
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes
- Roll dough out between two pieces of plastic to 1/8 inch thick
- Spread butter, then Swerve, then sprinkle with cinnamon
- Roll tightly using the plastic wrap to pull it up each time
- Cut into 1 inch sections, and place in baking dish
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
* If you stir too quickly or for too long the mozzarella will lose it’s elasticity
* If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can do this by hand. It just takes a few more minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: low carb cinnamon roll, keto cinnamon roll, low carb, cinnamon roll, low carb baking, low carb breakfast, breakfast