If you are looking for the best egg sandwich you’ve ever had…I have something you need to know about. Today we are making a mile high egg sandwich (the tallest you’ve ever seen) with almost no effort using the most amazing egg cooker (best $14.99 I have ever spent). This breakfast sandwich is perfect in the morning but also for a protein packed lunch or our favorite: breakfast for dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links at no cost to you. As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Mile High Egg Sandwich
Before we get to the fluffiest egg sandwich in history, there are some things you need to know. I found this egg cooker on Amazon, and it has changed my morning life. You know, the one where I’m standing in front of the frig wondering what I am going to cook for day 3,589 of the pandemic. Yes, the whole fam-damily is still home and waiting for breakfast every morning.
Since I do the cooking, they are all looking at me with hopeful eyes full of bacon and eggs and breakfast casseroles. I am looking back with get-yourself-a-bowl-of-cereal eyes, only we don’t eat cereal or have in the house.
Anyways, I found the egg cooker and it does all the things for me. On Sundays, I scrambled up a big container of eggs with milk and then just pour a little in the egg cooker and everyone has a breakfast sandwich. Here is the best part though: my 8 year old can do it herself. She can make herself and egg sandwich. Hallelujah.
My New Favorite Egg Cooker
This egg cooker can do it all. It can make 7 hardboiled eggs at a time! Hello egg salad sandwiches. Hi deviled eggs! It makes soft boiled too, and medium boiled. Did I say over-easy? I haven’t mastered that yet so I’ll keep trying and let you know.
What we use it for the most is omelettes and breakfast sandwiches. I scramble up a lot of eggs on Sundays (and egg whites) with milk, and chop tomatoes and onions separately. In the morning, I just pour a little egg and throw in the tomatoes and onions and I have a mile high omelette in 5 minutes…no hands or eyes required.
You simply pour in the right amount of water and it steams the eggs. That also means a lower calorie breakfast since you aren’t using butter or oil to cook the eggs.
AN EASY SCRAMBLED EGG SANDWICH OR OMELETTE SANDWICH
This is so easy an 8 year old can do it (there’s hope parents!). I have found that two eggs with milk and toppings does really well, or three eggs with milk and no toppings. After that you are starting to overflow.
OPTIONS FOR EGG SANDWICH TOPPINGS
Thinking about what kind of egg sandwiches you can make with this? Me too…let’s explore:
- Cheese on top: Just put the cheese on top once the eggs are done and cover it with the steamer dome. It takes 2 seconds for the cheese to melt.
- Veggie omelette sandwich: Chop the veggies ahead and scoop them into the egg mixture before cooking.
- Chipotle salsa omelette sandwich: Throw some spicy salsa in there with pepper jack cheese on top.
- Ham and Swiss: Chopped ham in the egg mixture, Swiss cheese on top.
OTHER EASY BREAKFASTS WE LOVE:
- Easy Morning Breakfast Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs
- Spicy Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- Instant Pot Spinach Parmesan Crustless Quiche
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
The fluffiest egg sandwich you have ever had with cheese and tomatoes on top. Bonus points for a brioche bun!
1 Tbsp whole milk
1 slice American cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Tomatoes or other toppings you love
Brioche bun or your favorite bun/bread
- Scramble Eggs: Scramble eggs with salt, pepper, and milk (if making an omelette scramble your ingredients now)
- Pour Into Egg Cooker: Pour scrambled eggs into omelette tray of the egg cooker.
- Pour In Water: Pour the correct amount of water into the egg cooker (I fill up the cup)
- Turn on: Turn on the egg cooker and let the eggs cook.
- Add cheese: Once done the light will turn off, add cheese on top and replace lid (2 minutes)
- Assemble the sandwich: Spread the mayo on your bun or bread, carefully transfer your eggs, top with tomatoes or whatever else you like.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Egg Cooker
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: egg cooker, egg sandwich, egg sandwich hack, perfect egg sandwich, folded egg sandwich, easy egg sandwich, egg bread sandwich, presto egg cooker, egg cooker, round egg cooker, elite cuisine egg cooker, how to use egg cooker