The easiest evening dessert that you can whip up in minutes! The best rustic mini strawberry jam pies have a crisp pie crust and mouth-watering homemade strawberry jam filling. Topped with ice cream or whipped cream, they are the perfect after dinner treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mini Rustic Strawberry Jam Pies
You notice how the title doesn’t say “fancy strawberry jam pies”. I’m honestly not sure if this is a recipe or just the best not fancy throw-it-together dessert I make two times a week. You can buy all the things, or you can make all the things…which makes these “rustic” mini strawberry jam pies a double threat any night of the week.
I’m going halfsies and making the jam but buying the pie crust. I generally just keep pie crust in my freezer because you never know when you might need a little help. Hiiiieee Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie. And the great thing about making the jam (use my Instant Pot Strawberry Jam recipe) is that you can make it sugar free, or load it up with sugar, you do you. We eat sugar free, so I use Swerve sugar substitute and it is SO GOOD.
I’m pretty sure this will work with any kind of jam. I have also used jam that I have canned with pectin and it comes out perfect. I’ve also put a little sugar free Keto Nutella on it, and that also comes out perfect. Just saying.
MINI PIE CLUB RULES:
- Don’t over think it. Just roll the little edges over once and dig them in a little. If you don’t they will open up and spill jam everywhere.
- Don’t try to make them perfectly round. These are rustic and that means not a lot of technique is involved in the pretty-ing of them. In the end they will be perfectly imperfect.
- Use whatever jam you have on hand. I am thinking about making rustic blackberry jam pies tonight. I already have it in a jar from the store, but once blackberries are in season I’ll be using that Instant Pot technique to jam it up and can it up.
WHAT GOES IN THESE EASY STRAWBERRY PIES?
- Strawberry Jam: I used some of our Instant Pot Strawberry Jam. Really the easiest yummiest jam you have ever had. No pectin, just lots of fresh strawberries, plus sweetener (sugar or Swerve sugar substitute), and lemon.
- Refrigerated Pie Crust: The “easy” part of the recipe. Perfect for throwing together after dinner.
HOW DO YOU MAKE MINI JAM PIES?
- Pull out your ready-made pie crust and cut it into four pieces.
- Roll the edges of each piece a little and barely press them in…rustically…that’s what rustic people do. Not fancy. It won’t be the same if you try to make it perfect. Prick the bottoms with a fork.
- Fill them with strawberry jam, whether you bought it at the store or made my Instant Pot Strawberry Jam, it’s going to be good.
- Bake the pies.
- Dollop on whatever you have, whipped cream, cool whip, ice cream, you do you boo. I’m here for the ice cream though.
THESE GO GREAT WITH:
- Everything; but especially:
- Baked Ziti With Spicy Sausage and Mozzarella
- 30 Minute Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken
- Fennel Apple Salad with Orange Poppy Vinaigrette
- Instant Pot Panera 10 Vegetable Soup
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
1 cup strawberry jam (homemade tastes great-use my Instant Pot Strawberry Jam recipe)
1 refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Thaw the pie crust on the counter until you are able to roll it out without cracking
- Cut the pie crust into 4 equal sections
- Roll the crust one time and barely press it in
- Fill the middle of each crust with 1/4 cup jam
- Bake 15-20 minutes watching carefully
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or Cool Whip
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: strawberry pies, jam pies, mini strawberry pies, strawberry pie recipe, easy strawberry pie, fresh strawberry pie, strawberry tart, strawberry pie without jello,