6 chicken thighs, trimmed
1 onion, diced
1 tsp olive oil
1 bulb of garlic, roasted (see How To Roast Garlic)
1/2 cup white wine
5 sprigs fresh thyme
3/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp cold water
- Warm the skillet/pan: Warm the pan and add olive oil
- Brown the chicken: Brown the chicken over medium high heat. About 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken: Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add Onions & Garlic: Lower heat to medium. Add the onions and garlic to the skillet, stirring frequently and smashing the garlic.
- Deglaze the pan: Pour in white wine and scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken broth: Add chicken broth and thyme. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream: Stir in cream and simmer 3 more minutes
- Thicken sauce: Combine cornstarch and water and pour over sauce. Stir completely and make sure the sauce comes back to a simmer.
Remove thyme sprigs before serving.
Serve over rice or egg noodles.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: chicken dinners, chicken dinner, chicken skillet, one pan dinner, meal prep, garlic chicken, creamy chicken, what to make for dinner tonight, what should i eat for dinner, dinner options, dinner ideas with chicken breast, whats for dinner tonight, chicken thigh dinner ideas, things to cook for dinner, dinner ideas with chicken thighs, one pan creamy garlic chicken, how to meal prep for the week,