5 oz Arugula (about one container of pre-washed arugula)
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup or more parmesan cheese, freshly shaved*
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup olive oil
2 lemons, zest and juice (1 tsp zest, 2 Tbsp juice)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp sweetener of choice
1/2 tsp salt
- In a small dry pan, toast the pine nuts over medium heat, shaking every minute for 5-7 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Pile the arugula on a platter and top with cheese, pine nuts, and green onions.
- In a magic bullet, blender, or small food processor: blend oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, vinegar, sweetener, and salt.
- Dress the salad just before serving.
* I use a vegetable peeler to shave the parmesan
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: baby arugula salad, arugula salad recipe, what does arugula taste like, salad, summer salad, summer salad recipe, salad recipe, what does arugula look like, what is arugula good for, easy summer dinners, easy summer salad,