The fanciest tater tots you've ever had, these parmesan tater tots with truffle oil (Truffle Tots) are your new favorite treat. Tossed in black truffle oil, and smothered with grated parmesan cheese, these are the perfect side dish for dressed up steak night, or dressed down movie night.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Parmesan Tater Tots With Truffle Oil
All I can think about = these tater tots with truffle oil. Truffle tots. The fanciest of the fancy tots you've ever had. Let me tell you something right now...we don't need to always be fancy. Sometimes we need to throw frozen tots in the oven and call it. I'm okay with that and you should be too.
Can not-that-fancy-frozen-things be good? Yes. Really good. Your new favorite good. You can easily pair them with a filet mignon for the easiest fake fancy dinner ever...or you can just pop them in for lunch/snack/movie night.
Tater tot level 100.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- I used frozen tater tots. Would homemade organic, heirloom potato tots, that I grew by the sweat of my brow been better? Maybe/maybe not.
- The more you eat them, the more you lose the truffle flavor. That became noticeable about halfway through. One way to work around that problem is to have a nice cold drink on hand, so you can cleanse your palette with every few bites. Maybe some Bourbon Peach Iced Tea, that's my official recommendation.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THESE FANCY TATER TOTS
- Frozen Tater Tots: Just the ones you can find at any grocery store.
- Black Truffle Oil: I used this brand and it is my favorite.
- Large Flake Sea Salt: Makes it all come together.
- Parmesan Cheese: Get's grated on top of all those truffle tots.
WHAT IS TRUFFLE OIL?
Truffle oil is an oil that is infused with truffles (a type of fungus [generally considered a mushroom]). The earthy warm flavor is imparted from the truffle to the oil. You may see little bits of truffle in the oil. This is an inexpensive way to impart truffle flavor into a food. Truffles are considered one of the most expensive ingredients on the planet.
HOW TO MAKE TATER TOTS WITH TRUFFLE OIL
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I use parchment paper sheets).
- Toss frozen tater tots in truffle oil.
- Spread out evenly on the baking sheet, making sure no tots are touching.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
FANCY TATER TOTS GO GREAT WITH:
- Bourbon Peach Iced Tea
- Bourbon Peaches A La Mode
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Crumb Bars
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes With Burrata
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
16 oz frozen tater tots
2 Tbsp black truffle oil
½ tsp coarse sea salt
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 425°F
- Set up your baking sheet: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I use parchment paper sheets).
- Toss the tots: Toss frozen tater tots in truffle oil.
- Spread tater tots out: evenly on the baking sheet, making sure no tots are touching.
- Sprinkle with salt: Sprinkle evenly with sea salt.
- Bake: 20-25 minutes until crispy.
Keywords: truffle fries, truffle recipes, truffle oil, how to make truffle fries, how to use truffle oil, what is truffle oil made of,