Soft dough is swirled with our best marinara and then stuffed with pepperoni and cheese. Movie night made better by big cheese pulls and all that sauce. This is the funnest dinner you will have all week. Let’s get cozy tonight with these pepperoni pizza rolls, okay?
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Movie Night Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
At this point in our quarantine life, any night is movie night. Monday…movie night. Wednesday…movie night. Errrryday = movie night. So, basically any night is a good night for pepperoni pizza rolls. Also, lunch. Wait…snack too.
These look like a minute of work but they really are not. Even if you don’t have a mixer with a dough hook attachment, still easy. You got this boo. We are just mixing basic dough ingredients, giving it a little knead, and letting it rise. The rest is fun so we aren’t counting it. That’s the professional way to do recipe making, k.
LET’S TALK ABOUT TOPPINGS:
- You don’t have to just put pepperoni in these. Let’s talk about all of the other toppings we can choose:
- Supreme: sausage, pepperoni, onion, green pepper, bacon, black olives
- White: OMG, can we do this later? White sauce of choice, garlic, olive oil, fresh herbs, ricotta
- Buffalo Chicken: chicken, Franks wing sauce
- Blackberry, Brie, Prosciutto: Ricotta, mozzarella, blackberry jam, brie, and prosciutto BOOM!
WHAT GOES IN THIS PIZZA ROLL RECIPE?
- All purpose flour: You can sub whole wheat here, it may be slightly more dense and whole wheat typically requires a little more liquid but I have done it and it’s fine.
- Instant Yeast: This isn’t going to happen without the yeast. If you are having trouble finding yeast right now during the pandemic I recently found I was able to order instant yeast on Amazon (a pound).
- Water: hydrates the mixture.
- Olive Oil: gives a little something something.
- Sugar: Feeds the yeast.
- Salt: Makes it more tasty.
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERONI PIZZA ROLLS
- Proof the yeast: Not really necessary with instant yeast but I always do it to make sure my yeast is still viable. I would rather not make a whole recipe to find out that my yeast is dead. To proof the yeast, combine it with water and sugar and watch for it to bloom and smell yeasty.
- Combine ingredients and knead the dough: Pour the yeast mixture into a bowl (or mixer), add the olive oil and dry ingredients. Let it come together and then turned it out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. In a mixer, let the dough hook knead for 10 minutes.
- Let the dough rise: I rise my dough in my Instant Pot set on the yogurt setting for 1 hour. This is the perfect environment for rising dough especially in winter when the house is cold.
- Roll it out: Flour your surface (make sure it is floured generously) and roll it out to about 1/8″ thickness.
- Put on all the toppings: sauce down (use our Magic Bullet Marinara Sauce plllllease), cheese down, pepperoni down.
- Roll it up: carefully roll it from one side, keep rolling until you reach the end, and then pinch the edges together.
- Cut: Carefully cut it into 1″ pieces
- Put it in your favorite dish: arrange them all together, it’s okay if they’re touching.
- Bake: Bake at 450° for 20 minutes covered, 5 minutes uncovered. Admire the rolls before everyone eats them in 5 minutes
THIS GOES GREAT WITH:
- Asiago Roasted Asparagus
- Ultimate Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos – I mean…it’s movie night, load’er up
- Red Wine And Whiskey Boozy Berry Sangria
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
1 cup warm water (105°-110°)
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp instant yeast
3 cups all purpose flour + more for dusting surface
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup Magic Bullet Marinara Sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 package pepperoni, about 42 pieces
Proof yeast by combining with water and sugar allow it to bloom for 3-5 minutes
Add olive oil
Combine flour and salt
Stir into yeast mixture until a soft dough forms
Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes (10 minutes if using a mixer set to STIR)
Place dough in a greased bowl to rise for 1 hour covered* see notes
Preheat oven to 450°
When risen remove from bowl to a generously floured surface
Roll to 1/8″ thickness in an oblong shape
Top dough with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni
Starting on one long side roll until you reach the other side and pinch the ends
Cut into 1″ rolls and place in desired dish
Optional: you can let them rise again for 30 minutes, or just bake them
Bake 20 minutes covered + 5 minutes uncovered
* I use the Instant Pot to rise my dough on the yogurt setting. It is the perfect environment and comes out perfectly each time.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pepperoni rolls, pepperoni pizza rolls, movie night pizza, movie night pizza rolls, mozzarella pizza rolls