1 cup warm water (105°-115°)
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp instant yeast
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1/2 cup pesto sauce, prepared
- Combine warm water, sugar, and yeast
- Combine flour, salt, olive oil, with the yeast mixture
- Knead: 5 minutes by hand or 10 minutes by stand mixer with dough hook attachment
- Rise: Rise in a warm place for one hour *see notes
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Roll it out and spread it with Pesto** see notes: Once it has risen, roll it out to about 1/8″ thickness and spread with pesto avoiding 1″ on the far edge (where you will pinch the ends together).
- Roll it up: Roll it using the long side, all the way to the end. Pinch the ends together.
- Cut it in half: Cut it in half long ways with a sharp knife (into two pieces).
- Braid it: Pull one layer over another, like a twist.
- Swirl it to the side: Coil the top end toward the middle. Coil the bottom end toward the middle, in the opposite direction.
- Stand back and admire it then bake: Bake for 25 minutes.
*I always spray the pot of the Instant Pot with cooking spray and allow my bread dough to rise on the yogurt setting for one hour. It is the perfect environment for rising dough.
** I realized close to the end that I should have put this on parchment paper before rolling out. This way you can transfer it to a baking dish with less stress.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto bread, pesto braided bread, bread with pesto, pesto pizza bread, pesto bread with marinara, dinner pull apart bread, pesto pull apart bread