Focaccia Art is one of the most satisfying ways to enjoy this salty (amazing) bread. You can use my authentic Italian focaccia bread recipe but the design is up to you. Use your imagination and creativity to create limitless designs using herbs, fruits, and vegetables.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Decorated Focaccia Art
I started with a base focaccia recipe. My authentic Italian focaccia bread recipe. It is the closest I have ever gotten (after 40 tries) to the focaccia I remember from my Italian childhood in Sardinia and Rome. We ate at least 4 pans of focaccia last week chasing this recipe.
I am a little bit obsessed by the possibilities of decorated focaccia art. Tomatoes make the perfect poppies, basil for leaves, green onions for stems. Olives would make the perfect sunflower center, garlic…what could it be? Something beautiful. Who doesn’t want to eat something beautiful.
Trying to decide what focaccia art to do next has me stuck. I am a perfectionist so I want to make a DaVinci masterpiece. I should probably let that go and just use whatever is going to taste amazing. Something with olives and garlic…and cheese. Something cozy and fall themed? A pumpkin themed focaccia. Is that too basic? Gosh.
GARDENSCAPE FOCACCIA IDEAS
TOOLS FOR CREATING FOCACCIA ART:
- Olives: The center for sunflowers.
- Garlic: Sunflower petals.
- Banana Pepper rings: Flower petals.
- Rosemary Sprigs: Greenery.
- Green Onions: Stems.
- Sliced Red Onions/ Shallots: Tulips.
- Red Peppers, Radish Centers, Sliced Purple Potatoes: American Flag Focaccia.
- Shaved Asparagus: Stems
- Chives: Stem + Flower
OPF: OTHER PEOPLES FOCACCIA (ART)
There are people out there making the most beautiful focaccia art, and I am here for it. Just look at these stunning examples by creative folks!
KITCHEN ESSENTIALS FOR MAKING FOCACCIA & FOCACCIA ART
There are few things that you really need for focaccia but parchment sheets and a cooling rack are at the top of my list. I threw in a few other pretty things to inspire your baking adventures! Pretty dish towels cover during the final rise. Use those measuring cups to measure your flour.
DECORATED FOCACCIA ART GOES GREAT WITH:
- Instant Pot Panera 10 Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Panera Creamy Tomato Soup
- Mile High Egg Sandwich
- Tomato And Zucchini Casserole
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes With Burrata (THIS!!!)
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
- Use your imagination: Start by envisioning the scene you would like to create.
- Choose your tools: Choose the vegetables and fruits you need to create your scene and slice them.
- Create your scene: Gently lay the stems, and leaves, with the flowers on top. Work from the background to the foreground. Remember to salt any tomatoes or vegetables that need seasoning.
- Bake: Bake the focaccia at the recommended temperature (see notes)
Nutritional Data taken from above mentioned recipe. Anything you add will add to the data.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: focaccia art, focaccia bread art, how to focaccia bread, pretty focaccia bread, decorated focaccia, gardenscape focaccia, focaccia art recipe, garden focaccia