1 Acorn Squash, halved + seeds removed
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to sprinkle
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water or broth
1 Tbsp butter
2 cups kale, stems removed + chopped
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp butter
1/2 cup panko breakcrumbs
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Prepare Acorn Squash: Drizzle the acorn squash with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake: Bake for 45 minutes.
- Saute: While the squash is baking: Melt butter and Saute the onions, garlic, pecans, and kale until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Prepare Quinoa mixture: Combine onion mixture with 1 1/2 cups of the cooked quinoa *see notes for how to cook quinoa.
- Toast breadcrumbs: Melt 1 tsp of butter and add panko bread crumbs and rosemary, saute 3-5 minutes until breadcrumbs begin to brown.
- Assemble: Fill the acorn squash with the quinoa mixture (it will be overflowing) and top with rosemary bread crumbs.
How to cook quinoa: start by rinsing the quinoa one time. Combine quinoa with water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover for 25-30 minutes.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: stuffed acorn squash vegetarian, stuffed acorn squash, stuffed acorn squash recipes, acorn squash recipes, how to cook acorn squash in the oven, baked acorn squash recipe, cooking acorn squash in oven, quinoa stuffed acorn squash,