Creamy, spicy, perfectly slurpy noodles and sauce with shrimp.
1 lb. shrimp, any size
3 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 cups whole milk*
1 cup heavy cream*
2 Tbsp cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
1 lb. pasta of choice, cooked just shy of being done
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium/medium-high heat.
- Whisk in flour and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour about 1/2 cup of milk and cream mixture and whisk continuously.
- Once incorporated, add a little more and repeat whisking until all of the mixture is used.
- Reduce heat to medium and whisk in cajun seasoning and allow the sauce to bubble.
- Add the shrimp and allow to cook until opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese until thoroughly melted.
- Add cooked pasta into sauce (stir in batches) and allow to cook 3-4 minutes until pasta is warm and covered with sauce.
*combine milk and cream
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: red lobster copycat, cajun shrimp pasta, shrimp linguini alfredo, spicy alfredo sauce, red lobster cajun shimp linguini alfredo