You can get them a little crispy in the oven or enjoy them with a softer bite, or both!
1 14 oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp harissa seasoning (dry)
1 Tbsp za’atar seasoning
1 tsp kosher sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drain & Dry: Drain, rinse, and dry the chickpeas (I used a salad spinner).
- Toss: Toss the chickpeas with the oil until all beans are coated.
- Season: Coat the chickpeas with both spices and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake: Arrange the beans on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes*.
* For chickpeas on the crispier side, roast them 5 minutes longer. I like them a little crunchy and others like them softer so I make two batches (crispy and soft) and then mix them so everyone is happy.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern American
Keywords: harissa, zaatar, chickpeas, garbanzo beans, recipe for roasted chickpeas, how to make crispy chickpeas, how to roast canned chickpeas, how to season chickpeas, recipes with chickpeas, roasting garbanzo beans, recipes for garbanzo beans, roasted garbanzo beans recipe