Roasted fresh peaches sit beside salty halloumi cheese on a bed of greens. Toasted pine nuts are sprinkled on top and it all gets swirled with the tastiest homemade basil vinaigrette. We don’t hate a blood orange margarita on the side of this peach and halloumi salad!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roasted Peach and Halloumi Salad With Basil Vinaigrette
The official end of summer salad has arrived. So many fresh ingredients like…peaches, and basil from the garden. Have you ever had Halloumi cheese? Let me tell you about it, it’s my favorite. I first met Halloumi when we lived in the Middle East where it is cheap and plentiful. It’s salty and brine-y, and grillable…mmm hmmm. You can sear the heck out of this cheese and it is just always great, not ever melty. It holds up and is perfect for sometimes Vegetarians like me. Halloumi always steals the show and as a result this roasted peach and halloumi salad steals the show.
Halloumi = show stealer.
This is a simple salad that shows off how complex summer flavors can actually be. When you grill/roast peaches, all of the flavors come out and they become 100% juicier than they ever were before. Don’t skip toasting the pine nuts, and get that Halloumi warmed up because warm salad = a satisfying lunch. I used 24 fresh basil leaves to get the vinaigrette to burst with that summer basil flavor we all know and love.
If you don’t love basil, you can substitute your favorite vinaigrette here. If you do love basil, trying using my basil salt recipe.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR PEACH AND HALLOUMI SALAD
- Halloumi Cheese: you can find this cheese at your local gourmet grocery, sometimes Lidl (way cheaper), or International grocery.
- Peaches: Fresh peaches.
- Greens: Your choice, I am a big fan of Spring Mix.
- Pine Nuts: Don’t skip the pine nuts, they balance the sweet of the peaches and the…dairy-ness…(I’m a professional) of the cheese.
- Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Basil, Salt, Sweetener, Lemon: The Vinaigrette.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BEAUTIFUL END OF SUMMER SALAD
- Layer four cups of Spring Mix in two bowls.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Place peaches cut side down, roast for 10 minutes.
- In a non-stick pan, sear Halloumi cheese on Medium-High heat, 3 minutes on each side, set aside.
- Using the same pan over Medium heat, toast pine nuts shaking gently and watching closely for 8-10 minutes.
- In Magic Bullet or food processor combine: olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, sweetener, crushed red pepper, garlic, and basil leaves. Blend until fully emulsified.
THIS PEACH AND HALLOUMI SALAD GOES GREAT WITH:
- Skinny Blood Orange Margaritas (pictured)
- Bourbon Peach Iced Tea
- Classic Summer Tomato Bruschetta
- Herb Smothered Garlic Butter Salmon
- Bourbon Peaches A La Mode
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
We don’t hate a blood orange margarita on the side of this peach and halloumi salad!
2 peaches, halved
8–9 oz. Halloumi Cheese, sliced in 1/4″slices
4 cups Spring Mix
1/4 cup pine nuts
3/4 cup olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
24 fresh basil leaves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sweetener of choice (I used Swerve)
pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Start layering: Four cups of Spring Mix are layered in two bowls.
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 400°
- Roast Peaches: Place peaches cut side down on a grill pan, roast for 10 minutes.
- Sear Halloumi: In a non-stick pan, sear Halloumi cheese on Medium-High heat, 3 minutes on each side, set aside.
- Toast Pine Nuts: In the same pan over Medium heat, toast pine nuts shaking gently and watching closely for 8-10 minutes.
- Make the Salad Dressing: In Magic Bullet or food processor combine: olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, sweetener, crushed red pepper, garlic, and basil leaves. Blend until fully emulsified.
Use as much salad dressing as you like. I used about 2 Tbsp on each bowl, you will have extra dressing.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: peach salad, how to grill halloumi, grill halloumi, how to grill halloumi cheese, how to cook halloumi, what is halloumi cheese, halloumi recipes, how to fry halloumi, fried halloumi, basil salad dressing, lemon basil dressing, salad recipes, fresh basil recipes