We don’t hate a blood orange margarita on the side of this peach and halloumi salad!
2 peaches, halved
8–9 oz. Halloumi Cheese, sliced in 1/4″slices
4 cups Spring Mix
1/4 cup pine nuts
3/4 cup olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
24 fresh basil leaves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sweetener of choice (I used Swerve)
pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Start layering: Four cups of Spring Mix are layered in two bowls.
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 400°
- Roast Peaches: Place peaches cut side down on a grill pan, roast for 10 minutes.
- Sear Halloumi: In a non-stick pan, sear Halloumi cheese on Medium-High heat, 3 minutes on each side, set aside.
- Toast Pine Nuts: In the same pan over Medium heat, toast pine nuts shaking gently and watching closely for 8-10 minutes.
- Make the Salad Dressing: In Magic Bullet or food processor combine: olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, sweetener, crushed red pepper, garlic, and basil leaves. Blend until fully emulsified.
Use as much salad dressing as you like. I used about 2 Tbsp on each bowl, you will have extra dressing.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: peach salad, how to grill halloumi, grill halloumi, how to grill halloumi cheese, how to cook halloumi, what is halloumi cheese, halloumi recipes, how to fry halloumi, fried halloumi, basil salad dressing, lemon basil dressing, salad recipes, fresh basil recipes