This is a summer two-step you don't want to miss! We first filled our summer approved Mason Jars with ice, and poured in a little Jordans Skinny Mixes: Blood Orange Margarita Mix. We swirled it up with gold tequila and put this weekend approved jig on repeat. If there ever were a way to make Skinny blood orange Margaritas the easy way, this is it!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Skinny Blood Orange Margaritas
Hello. Happy Weekend. Happy skinny blood orange margarita day. I can't believe it's the end of summer and this one of the last summer recipes before we start to focus on fall! I'm a little mad that I didn't discover Jordans Skinny Mixes before we got our summer pool drinking underway.
First of all, I am a long-lived fan of Jordans Skinny Syrups...which are the only syrups I use in my coffee, and the only way to live that Starbucks Copycat Latte life. I have all the syrups. I had no idea about the mixes.
The mixes up my summer drinking life to level 100, while keeping my summer weight gain to level 0. This blood orange margarita mix, has only 5 calories per serving. HAAAAAAY.
JORDANS SKINNY MIXES MAKE EASY COCKTAILS
You simply use 2-3 parts mix for 1 part tequila. I always use liquor jiggers to measure, it really makes the whole parts:parts calculation easy for a busy Mom who might be trying to have a quiet skinny blood orange margarita at 2pm. Just joking...a little.
2 parts mix to 1 part tequila looks like this using a liquor jigger: Two big sides mix, to one big side tequila (I'm so a bartenderrrrr). Big side = 2oz side. That means this is 4oz. mix and 2 oz tequila. This formula is boozy. Three big sides mix to one big side tequila, is less boozy. If you plan on having a few, you might do 3 parts mix : 1 part tequila. If it's a kid-free Saturday, then yay. Grab the liquor jiggers, it just makes life easier.
HOW TO MAKE A SKINNY BLOOD ORANGE MARGARITA
- Run a lime around the rim of your glass (or dip in orange juice).
- Plunge the glass into large flake sea salt to line the rim.
- Fill your glass (I used Mason Jars) with ice.
- Pour in 4 oz. of Jordans Skinny Mixes Blood Orange Margarita Mix.
- Pour in 2 oz. Gold Tequila (I used Margaritaville).
- Squeeze just a little squeeze of lime (just a blip).
THESE BLOOD ORANGE MARGARITAS GO GREAT WITH:
- Sweet & Spicy Marinated Jalapenos with Pineapple
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes
- Truffle Tots
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
If there ever were a way to make Skinny blood orange Margaritas the easy way, this is it!
2oz. Gold Tequila
- Wet the rim: Run a lime around the rim of your glass (or dip in orange juice).
- Salt the rim: Plunge the glass into large flake sea salt to line the rim.
- Get ice: Fill your glass (I used Mason Jars) with ice.
- Pour in the mix: Pour in 4 oz. of Jordans Skinny Mixes Blood Orange Margarita Mix.
- Pour in the tequila: Pour in 2 oz. Gold Tequila (I used Margaritaville).
- Lime time: Squeeze just a little squeeze of lime (just a blip).
- Stir: Stir with a glass straw (my favorite).
Alternately, you can choose to do 6oz. Jordans Skinny Mixes: Blood Orange Margarita Mix and 2 oz. Gold Tequila.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: margarita, skinny margarita, skinny orange margarita, jordans skinny mixes, blood orange margarita, skinny margarita recipe, skinny margarita recipes, how to make a margarita, margarita recipe, blood orange margarita mix, skinny margarita recipe easy, how to make a skinny margarita