2 Chipotle en adobo peppers with about 1 Tbsp of sauce
1 small onion
1 bunch of cilantro, stems and leaves
3 small tomatoes
1-2 blocks of extra firm tofu
1/2 tsp Kala Namak Salt
1/4 cup Daiya cheddar shreds (or other vegan cheese)
- Process: Process chipotle peppers, onion, cilantro, and tomatoes in a food processor. Pulse 10x for 1 second each time or until the mixture forms a salsa.
- Saute: Heat a skillet to medium heat and add oil, plant butter, or cooking spray. Add 1 cup of crumbled tofu and saute.
- Add Salt: Sprinkle Kala Namak salt over the tofu. Stir and continue cooking until tofu is lightly browned.
- Add Salsa: Add the desired amount of salsa (I like about 1/2 cup) and continue cooking for 3-5 more minutes.
- Add Cheese: Add vegan cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Mexican American
Keywords: vegan, vegan breakfast, savory vegan breakfast, easy vegan breakfast recipes, healthy vegan breakfast, vegan eggs, vegan replacement for eggs, just eggs vegan, vegetarian breakfast, plant based breakfast, plant based, plant based eggs, egg substitute, plant based egg substitute,