An easy low carb breakfast casserole that you can throw together the night before (or the morning of). Spicy sausage, plenty of fresh eggs, two kinds of cheese, and cream marry together in the most beautiful low carb breakfast casserole.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spicy Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
Do you ever wake up on Saturday or Sunday morning and just want to hang out? I mean, actually NOT hit the ground running. You want to sit on the couch, sip your coffee, scroll Pinterest. I do. It never fails, I sit down and suddenly my family wants things like "breakfast". I think about running away for a second because I cook ALL. THE. FOOD; all the livelong day. I need a minute sometimes...away from the stove. Do you need a minute sometimes? If you do...I know what to do...we make a spicy low carb breakfast casserole, and then disappear. "Breakfast is in the oven...byeeee everyone".
Getting a few relaxing minutes in the morning starts with making this spicy low carb breakfast bake the night before. Guests on the weekend? All the more reason to want to disappear for a minute; you have to start this breakfast casserole now. You can easily leave this in the refrigerator the night before, minus the shredded cheddar cheese.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR A LOW CARB BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- Spicy sausage: What's your favorite brand? Mine is Neese's, but we can only get that when we visit North Carolina. Here in Virginia, I choose Jimmy Dean Spicy Sausage.
- Eggs: Lots of eggs.
- Heavy Cream: Gives the eggs a fluffy boost, and softens the whole dish.
- Parmesan Cheese: Loads of cheesy flavor and salty zing.
- Cheddar Cheese: It gets melty on top.
- Salt & Pepper: The flavor boosters.
HOW TO MAKE A SPICY LOW CARB BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- Brown the sausage over medium heat, this should take around 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the sausage in a single layer in the bottom of the casserole dish, pour over the egg mixture.
- At this point, you can refrigerate it overnight, or proceed to bake it for 15 minutes at 375°F.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on cheddar cheese, return to the oven for 7 minutes.
THIS LOW CARB BREAKFAST CASSEROLE GOES GREAT WITH:
- Bourbon Peaches A La Mode- MAKE IT BRUNCH!
- Savory Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tart
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes With Burrata
- Parmesan Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
1 lb. Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 375°
Brown sausage: In a skillet over medium heat, break the sausage apart and cook until browned.
Combine egg mixture: Whisk together eggs, parmesan cheese, cream, salt, and pepper
Bake: Bake for 15 minutes
Add cheese: Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese
Bake until done: Return to oven for 7 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: keto breakfast ideas, farmers breakfast casserole, breakfast casserole recipe with sausage, breakfast casserole, things to bake for breakfast, easy breakfast ideas, breakfast, low carb breakfast casserole, egg bake recipe, easy breakfast bake, brunch, breakfast for guests, breakfast for company
What does your ideal weekend morning look like? Connect with me in the comments.