Freshly sliced jalapeno peppers are marinated with pineapple, sweetener, garlic, and olive oil to make the best topping for summer salads or grilled chicken, steak, and shrimp! Totally scoopable and mellowed out after a day these sweet and spicy marinated jalapenos are the most yum combination of flavors for summer.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated if you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sweet & Spicy Marinated Jalapenos With Pineapple
I got on a little kick with those marinated tomatoes the other day. I make those at least twice a week, which left me exactly five other days (or 10 other days since the Corona-week is long) to daydream about what else I can marinate in a jar. Jalapenos? Yes.
So here I am. I don’t know if fresh jalapenos are everyones thing or not. They should be. Especially when you shove them in a jar with diced pineapple, garlic, sugar (I used Swerve), and olive oil. This chop, mix, wait situation is our new fav whether it’s jalapenos or tomatoes.
I piled it on some oven-grilled jerk chicken for lunch the other day. I also piled it on bread for all the other days. In my very active imagination, it can totally go with shrimp, salmon, and steak. Wait! I almost forgot to tell you; when the jalapenos and pineapple were gone, and all that was left was that spicy sweet olive oil bath, I used it as a marinade for chicken. And it was the best chicken I have ever had. Definitely make sure you do that.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR SWEET & SPICY JALAPENOS
- Fresh Jalapenos: Only fresh. They have the texture you need to give a little crunch. These mellow out after a couple of days in jar if you are worried about the spice factor.
- Garlic: Love garlic? Keep the recipe the same. Don’t love garlic? You can reduce it.
- Pineapple: Fresh or frozen works.
- Olive Oil: A lighter tasting olive oil works best.
- Sweetener: I used Swerve granulated sugar substitute but go ahead and use sugar if that’s your thing.
- Salt: A little bit of salt = flavor explosion.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET JALAPENOS WITH PINEAPPLE AT HOME
- Prep all your ingredients. Slice the Jalapenos (don’t throw out the seeds and pith), dice the pineapple, and mince the garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and then transfer to a lidded jar like a large mason jar.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight, or at least three hours.
THIS GOES GREAT WITH:
- Shortcut Fish Tacos
- Spicy Oven Grilled Catfish
- Any Grilled Chicken or Fish!
- Also I ate it on bread, don’t judge.
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
- In a mixing bowl, combine jalapenos, garlic, oil, pineapple, salt, sweetener (I used Swerve).
- Transfer to a lidded jar
- Allow to sit overnight in the refrigerator or at least 3 hours
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Combine
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: jalapeno pineapple, sweet and spicy, sweet and spicy jalapeno, jalapeno recipes, summer jalapeno, marinated jalapenos, grilled chicken with jalapenos, sweet and spicy chicken