Creamy curry, chopped chicken, apples, celery, and dried cranberries come together to make the best curry chicken salad you have ever had. Whether you put it on a bun or in a lettuce wrap, this is a feel good lunch for any day of the week.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you.
My Favorite Chicken Salad with Curry
I kind of feel like chicken salad is the most eaten salad of summer. But when it is curry chicken salad, it is the most eaten salad this week. Mon-Fri curry chicken salad. Nothing else please. The curry is creamy, and the apples are subtle little sweet-ninjas you don’t see coming.
Creamy curry + crunchy apples = my favorite chicken salad
The celery is standard, it’s a chicken salad obligation but the dried cranberries (not a lot of them okay) give a bright little burst every once in a while. I love this chicken salad two ways:
- On a bun with a little extra mayo and cilantro.
- In a lettuce wrap. I might like it best in a lettuce wrap sprinkled with cilantro.
MAKE THIS HOWEVER YOU LIKE:
- Apples or red grapes, you do you boo.
- Like it a little spicy? You got it.
- Croissant, kaiser roll, sub roll, which is your favorite?
- Lettuce, cilantro, arugula, spinach on top?
- Extra mayo on the bun, SRIRACHA MAYO? What?!?
Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- Chopped or shredded chicken already cooked
- Apple: slightly sweet surprise, you can sub grapes if you like that better.
- Curry: Curry powder, not curry paste. The regular curry powder you find at the grocery store is fine.
- Mayo: I used light mayo, but you can use your favorite or even non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Dried Cranberries: Or raisins, it’s up to you. You can even skip it.
- Celery: Celery is pretty much standard here.
- Salt: My bae.
How Do You Make This Indian Inspired Salad?
- Start by swirling up mayo, curry powder, and salt. Let it sit in the refrigerator while you do the rest.
- Boil chicken, I used one thigh and one leg.
- Chop the apples and celery and combine with the chicken and cranberries.
- Admire all that color.
THIS GOES GREAT WITH:
- Farmhouse Yeast Rolls
- 100% Whole Wheat Bread In The Bread Machine
- Red Wine and Whiskey Boozy Berry Sangria
- Fennel Apple Salad with Orange Poppy Vinaigrette
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFF’s. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll to the comments). Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
1/3 cup light mayo (or your favorite mayo)
2 tsp yellow curry powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 celery stalks, diced
1 red apple, diced
2 Tbsp dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- In a large bowl combine curry, mayo, and salt. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Prepare chicken* see notes
- Combine chicken, apples, celery, and cranberries, with curry mayo
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour
Cooking chicken: I boiled 1 leg and 1 thigh (skinless) for 25 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: chicken salad sandwich recipe, chicken salad easy, curry chicken salad, chicken salad recipe easy simple, curry chicken salad sandwich, chicken curry salad recipe,