7 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 Tbsp garlic paste)
2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp lemongrass paste
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp chili paste
1/4 cup chopped cilantro stems
1 small habanero, seeded, and minced
1 tsp salt
2 cups pumpkin puree
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 14oz can coconut milk ( I used light)
3 dashes fish sauce
Juice of 1/2 lime
8oz Thai Vermicelli prepared
2 medium onions
2 Tbsp sesame oil
Cilantro leaves, chopped
Scallions, thinly sliced
2 Eggs, soft to hard-boiled, halved
1 lb shrimp, peeled and steamed
- Make Laksa Paste: Start by making the paste. You can chop everything or use a Magic Bullet Blender. Combine garlic, ginger, lemongrass, fish sauce, chili paste, cilantro stems, habanero, and salt.
- Saute: Saute onions in sesame oil over medium heat, stirring often until they are deep brown (20-30 minutes). Set aside.
- Fry Paste: In the same pan, heat the Laksa paste over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add Pumpkin: Add pumpkin puree, and continue cooking 3 more minutes.
- Simmer: Whisk in broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- During this time, boil the Vermicelli noodles, drain, and set aside. hard boil the eggs for 6 minutes (soft) or 9 minutes (hard) or use my favorite egg cooker to get it perfect quickly.
- Simmer: Stir in coconut milk and lime juice, simmer 5 minutes.
- Assemble: Serve with Vermicelli, halved egg, and protein in the broth, and your favorite topping on top (cilantro, mint, pepitas, scallions, lime wedge, caramelized onions)
*Nutritional data includes egg, shrimp, and light coconut milk.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: laksa, laksa recipe, thai soup, asian recipes, thai recipes, laksa instant noodle, laksa paste, dinner ideas, thai vegetarian recipes, authentic thai recipes, coconut milk recipes, vegan thai recipes, vegetarian thai recipes, asian inspired recipes, thai curry noodle soup, thai coconut curry soup, thai coconut soup recipe, pumpkin soup, spicy soup