This homemade hot chocolate mix recipe is the closest you will come to rich, gourmet, melting chocolate. An easy hot cocoa mix that comes together in two minutes in the food processor and makes enough mix for the entire winter.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may be compensated when you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualified purchases.
Dark Hot Chocolate Mix
It keeps getting colder outside, and I’m not sure why it takes me by surprise every year. Fall is the coziest season and this homemade hot chocolate mix makes it even cozier. This year I have been really focused on making more and more things at home. Sometimes it just hits me, the things that I buy that I don’t need to. Like hot chocolate mix- someone else just came up with a mix and packaged it. We can do this ourselves at home friends. We’ve got this.
Also, store-bought hot chocolate packets just don’t hit the spot for me. They may a weak and watery, hot chocolate and they ultimately don’t mix well (all that wasted chocolate at the bottom though!). Since I don’t have time to melt chocolate bars and lovingly mix them with cream; I came up with this homemade hot chocolate mix that tastes rich and chocolatey. This is easily scooped and mixed with hot water or milk (use milk).
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THIS HOT COCOA RECIPE
You can make this homemade hot chocolate mix with regular sugar or sugar-free Swerve. I always choose sugar-free but my recipes work exactly the same with regular sugar.
- Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder: This cocoa powder is so good.
- Dry Milk Powder: For a creamier flavor.
- Vanilla Powder: Intense vanilla flavor.
- Sugar or Swerve Sugar Substitute: Use regular confectioners sugar or Swerve confectioners (sugar-free).
- Chocolate Chips or Lilys Chocolate Chips (sugar-free): Your favorite chocolate chips or Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips (sweetened with Stevia)
- Vanilla Extract: Just a little.
- Salt: For a flavor explosion.
HOW TO MAKE BULK HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX AT HOME
You will LOVE not having to buy hot chocolate packets at the store this year. Just running into your pantry for a couple of scoops of homemade hot chocolate mix saves time, and the flavor is so much better!
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla extract in a food processor.
- Process on low while slowly dripping in the vanilla extract, allow to process 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are combined.
CAN I MAKE KETO HOT CHOCOLATE MIX?
Yes, by using Swerve confectioners and Lilys chocolate chips this recipe has around 3.8 net carbs per serving.
THIS DARK HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX GOES GREAT WITH:
- Authentic Italian Focaccia Bread
- Truffle Tots
- The Ultimate Fall Pumpkin Muffins
- Low Carb Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Hey- you’ve made it this far, and now we’re BFFs. If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star rating below (scroll down to the comments). P.S. What makes me happiest is hearing from you! Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!Print
- Combine: Combine all ingredients except vanilla extract in a food processor.
- Process: Process on low while slowly dripping in the vanilla extract, allow to process 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are combined.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: hot chocolate, hot cocoa, hot chocolate mix, hot cocoa mix, whipped hot cocoa recipe, homemade hot chocolate recipe, hot cocoa recipe, hot cocoa powder recipe, hot chocolate recipe cocoa powder, hot cocoa in a jar recipe, whipped hot chocolate recipe, homemade hot cocoa recipe, best homemade hot chocolate recipe, hot chocolate recipe cocoa powder, keto hot chocolate, homemade hot chocolate mix recipe, keto hot chocolate recipe, how to make hot chocolate, homemade hot chocolate mix